Downlink Resulution P3 vs P2

Reaction score
So I have a P2 Vision Plus now that I am using for a lot of things, but one of the main things I got it for was to track and scout out my food plots and hunting properties. It takes great video, so when I record and go back to the computer and watch the footage I get lots of detail and a really good view. When I am flying though the view on the mobile device is barley usable. Blurry and washed out. I have tried the different quality settings and screen covers, but have pretty much come to the conclusion that this is never going to be usable.

So I have decided to move up to the P3, and was going to go with a used P3 pro until today when they put the P3 advanced on sale. So my question is how does this screen and picture look while flying in laymen terms. Better than the P2? Way better? etc. I know from the specs what the numbers are, but in real world how does this thing look. I also was wondering in comparing the P3 Advanced to the Pro. Both 720P, but the pro has a higher bit rate. Does this make a lot of difference? If I want to run FatSharks or similiar will I notice a difference?

Thanks;

The P2Vplus is 480p. The P3A is 720p. Its like seeing for the first time.
The 720p is a godsend, making it easy to frame shots and minimise reshots as you can clearly see what you are capturing. And the Lightbridge is solid and doesn't feel cumbersome as the wifi fpv.

Higher bitrate just means less artefacts (less compression). Higher bitrate also means less range. Most users don't even know the difference until they use the HDMI board with goggles. If you need to do live streaming or use goggles, then get the Pro. If you just need FPV for flight, then the 2mbs 720p stream will suit you fine.

You will be highly impressed with the improvement on the screen.
There is some issue in that the refresh rate on the Advanced is a bit slower than the pro and this is a problem using goggles(?) not sure of the exact details.
The video recorded on the sd card is in a different league and makes the P2V+ footage look over-compressed and scratchy.

Thanks guys; I think at least for now I am going to stay away from goggles anyway other than maybe the VR's that use the phone screen itself. The deal on the advance makes it real hard to justify going to the pro. I was more worried that the picture would be a disappointment as was the P2. Off to amazon I go. Thanks again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1