Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Downgrading to Advanced model

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Dermot, May 19, 2016.

1. Dermot

Hi all
    I have a P3P that did a flyaway then dropped out of sky and broke the gimbal,
    I was wondering if it might be better to buy a P3A bird only (no remote or charger) at 685 euro that comes with a battery and two sets of props then risk getting existing P3P repaired, I don't have any way of viewing 4K videos anyway. Will my existing Professional Remote Control work fine on a different Advanced birdie ?

2. Rypper1

Unless I'm mistaken, the RC is the same. And if your camera is good you can put it on the Advanced and turn it into a Pro. Just have to update to the Pro FW if I remember reading correctly. I'm sure someone that has done that can tell you for sure.

Raja777m likes this.
  3. flpholt

yes rc are the same

4. heydave23

Have you seen that autel x star premium? It's getting good reviews and the gimbal is supposedly removable. That could of saved me a new gimbal.

5. flpholt

you mean the pumpkin

6. DroneDestination

If your gimbal breaks, you can replace it. How would a removable gimbal save your camera?

7. flpholt

cause you can just slide it off and slip on new one without any hassle

8. DroneDestination

But, just because it is easier to replace doesn't mean it would have "saved him a new gimbal"

9. CenLA

I've actually done this. When I crashed my P3P I bought a new P3A body only after shopping EBay and got a great price. It had the Adv red stripes and decal on it, but I was able to mount my P3P 4K camera and gimbal and updated to the latest P3P firmware.

I later discovered I had a camera issue (it got wet after the crash) though I was still flying but without the benefit of snapping pics or recording video. I found a replacement camera and all is well again. I did have to sync the remote controller with the Adv body but that took a whole minute.