Downgrading RC firmware.

absolutely.

send me your email address so i can send you the bin file.

format the USB drive (FAT or FAT32) and put only that file on the USB drive and make sure controller is OFF.
plug in the USB drive in the back of the controller and turn on the controller.
wait for a little bit and the light should start blinking blue.
basically it will act like it's doing a firmware update.
wait until it's done - power light green.
turn off the controller.
now put the desired FW version for the RC on the USB drive (format it first again)
plug in the controller while it's off and turn on the controller and it will do the firmware upgrade to the FW version on the USB drive.

enjoy!
can i get the wipe.bin file? i want to downgrade my R/C since there no firmware version display in the DJI GO apps. i use the latest firmware... [email protected]

absolutely.

format the USB drive (FAT or FAT32) and put only that file on the USB drive and make sure controller is OFF.
turn off the controller.
now put the desired FW version for the RC on the USB drive (format it first again)
plug in the controller while it's off and turn on the controller and it will do the firmware upgrade to the FW version on the USB drive.

enjoy!
Hi Hutch. Please send me your bin file too. [email protected] I just sent my RC and P3P back to DJI because of a bad firmware upgrade to 1.8.0. I was using RC 1.6.0 and everything was great. I asked DJI if there was anything I could do to keep from sending it back. They said no. I sure would have like to try the bin file you are talking about. I pointed out to DJI that I had the 1.6.0 bin file still on my tablet. They said there was nothing I could do. Darn. Thanks in advance for sending your bin file.
Joe
KC7GHT

yes you can.
there is a "wipe" .bin file that you can use to wipe all the FWs off of the controller and then load whatever you want via USB thumb drive

Hi again Hunch. I just noticed that your post was a year ago. Will this wipe bin file still work for the RC today? RC 1.6.0 and RC 1.8.0 ? If so please send me the wipe bin file at [email protected]
Thanks
Joe
KC7GHT

You can revert to previous RC fw versions by means of a special option on the dji go app front page. Keep the the icon top right hand side (see photo) pressed for a few seconds and let go. You will have options to revert to different versions.
f658d1007951d65f5423d28585bc3e3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

absolutely.

turn off the controller.

enjoy!

I would like this also my email is [email protected] thank you very much, I have noticed reduced range and video drop out ever since the 32 channel hack FW 1.8 was introduced. I have minimized it by my video transmission rate.

Hi mate, would you mind to send me this wipe file too? Question: is there no any issue downgrading the RC firmware and having the latest one in the P4? My email address is [email protected] thank you very much

absolutely.

turn off the controller.

enjoy!

Hello hunch, could you e-mail me the wipe file please so I downgrade my GL300B RC Thanks
[email protected]

You can revert to previous RC fw versions by means of a special option on the dji go app front page. Keep the the icon top right hand side (see photo) pressed for a few seconds and let go. You will have options to revert to different versions.
f658d1007951d65f5423d28585bc3e3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

how you do that when the Go app says disconnected and you don't have a camera icon to connect to P3P?

Format with a Mac, simple.
Open Finder
Open Applications
Open Disk Utility
Select the drive to format from the left column
Select Erase from the options along the top.
Chose the type of format, FAT or FAT32 and off you go.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic