Downgrading RC firmware.

1.Put your controller back to 1.4.1, by uninstalling the 2.3.0 Go App and reinstalling the 2.4.0 Go App and let the controller upgrade to back to 1.4.1.
Bob, isn't rolling back the RC the exact thing that they are saying is no longer possible since 1.4.3?

image.png image.png image.png image.png
image.png
Ok guys so I updated the app the bird and the RC of course was on the latest FW
I still get the poor radio quality warning
But the RC icon showed full bars and the HD showed full bars.
Against a poor gut feeling I took up my bird to 390ft
And the slowly flew it out 500 meters or 1640.42 ft
Then tested RTH and that worked
I flew it out again and brought the bird home only onetime did I see the RC strength meter flicker one bar.

But I still get the following messag and the RC Channels are a mess now. Never had so much interface.

So is there a signal strength or band adjustment that happened to the RC or the bird on the software update?

I never had seen so much clutter on the Channel and bands

I will update everything back to the latest FW
Have you had poor signal at all?

I flew the bird the day before, with out the latest updates.
I have a nice flight path that I like to follow. I go up 395ft and 500meters out, and back.
After the first time updating to the late FW. I could stand 10 ft away and I'd get a warning of poor signal which I never had.
Also it took forever to pic up satellites.

View attachment 34993
This screen indicates that there were not available channels that were not busy or had a lot of interference. Have you done the 32 channel hack--?

No I have not done any hacks to the device or software

This was all in ok order befor the latest software update.
Then all the channels became full of interference.
The few days before these updates I never had interference with the channels as there is now.

The few days before these updates I never had interference with the channels as there is now.
There are 8 channels originally, but there is a "hack" well documented here that increases it to 32. It doesn't hurt the software and adds 24 more channels. May help you in the area where you are having the issues.

The hack that Bob mentioned is widely used. The thread however is enormous. Here is a link to one of my posts explaining how to do it if you want to try.

More channels hack | Page 37 | DJI Phantom Forum

Reactions: bobmyers
Don't bother, I tried the "32 channel" hack last night, it doesn't fix the video loss issue. I tried both "Auto" and "Custom" and neither one mattered. It's a problem with the RC firmware, not the channels...

SpunOne
With the additional channels do they all look cluttered still or are there a few that look clear

thanks for letting me know SpunOne69 :)
this whole firmware caper is frying my brain
when did dji start employing chimps :oops:

Hello. May I ask if the downgrading worked? and was this for a Phantom 3 Professional? I was getting better signal with older firmware, I was gonna ask if you could send me the file please. Thanks in advance.

No it didn't work I'm afraid, I believe currently the only way to go back is to buy a second hand controller with the old firmware still on...

I too have been worried many say it will brick your remote/ render it useless.

I'm sure there is a reset of some sort just because you can still upgrade the RC by the SD card or usb.
So the RC still has to take its boot log to start updating.
Other wise dji would of inadvertently forced everyone into buying a smart device to do all update operation, I'm sure that would of gone over well....lol

I too have been worried many say it will brick your remote/ render it useless.

I'm sure there is a reset of some sort just because you can still upgrade the RC by the SD card or usb.
So the RC still has to take its boot log to start updating.
Other wise dji would of inadvertently forced everyone into buying a smart device to do all update operation, I'm sure that would of gone over well....lol
the RC is upgraded thru the GO APP-- if you install the latest DJI GO App it will update your controller or at least ask you if you want to update it.
I have had no problems with the current FW, device or app updates.

All I'm saying bob is that you can still supposedly update through the USB port on the remote too.
The big descution is if this file can take you back pre current firmware...
But many say this file in question will brick your remote if used...
I'm not sure my self and have not tried ..

All I'm saying bob is that you can still supposedly update through the USB port on the remote too.
The big descution is if this file can take you back pre current firmware...
But many say this file in question will brick your remote if used...
I'm not sure my self and have not tried ..
I don't know either, I haven't had the reason to try to go back-- all the best out of the upgrades to this point. The only issues I had early on with 1.1.9 was operator error. Unfortunately, anyone new to P3's with no experience, can get into a heap of trouble if they don't follow the instructions to a tee-- and that is what happens to most. There appears to be hardware differences in some of the newer releases with the P3 which may be causing most of the disconnects and unable to connect scenarios. Probably different chips used in some of the later releases. Be better to send it in if that is the case, because no firmware upgrade will fix that issue.

Anyway, hope this gets sorted out soon for those chaps having the issues.

This screen indicates that there were not available channels that were not busy or had a lot of interference. Have you done the 32 channel hack--?

I don't think I can agree with you this one Bob. I have dealt with that very same issue since downloading v1.1.9. Once I got the Good/Poor display it has never gone away. With it displaying I have no problem flying any distance. Every once in awhile and even with the 32 hack, it will lose signal and the RTH will activate and then the signal returns.

Btw, when it 1st happened I put in a call to dji tech and all they knew was to offer a RMA. No thank you.

Yeah the newest update fixed some of my other issues but I got the week signal.
Good / poor display
And now if I go to channel display there is all sorts of interference across most channels.
I don't know if I want to do the hack or by a antenna booster kit

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl