Downgrading Phantom from 3.06

Is this a question?

Bah.. sorry guys hit the enter key and it posted for me, went back to write an actual post and turns out it didn't actually take...

Anyways, caught between a 'lesser of two evils' scenario. On 3.04 I get significant TBE and the thing will not fly in a straight line. In 3.06 it is better (albeit not perfect), but I get early auto land due to the garbage DJI batteries crapping out at about 40-60%. I am thinking the lesser of the evils is 3.04, especially since I need to use the phantom this weekend and will need to have it in the sky for at least ten minutes to capture a variety of shots.

Question is, how to downgrade at this point, and will it actually solve my problem

gruvpix said:
Bah.. sorry guys hit the enter key and it posted for me, went back to write an actual post and turns out it didn't actually take...

Anyways, caught between a 'lesser of two evils' scenario. On 3.04 I get significant TBE and the thing will not fly in a straight line. In 3.06 it is better (albeit not perfect), but I get early auto land due to the garbage DJI batteries crapping out at about 40-60%. I am thinking the lesser of the evils is 3.04, especially since I need to use the phantom this weekend and will need to have it in the sky for at least ten minutes to capture a variety of shots.

Question is, how to downgrade at this point, and will it actually solve my problem

If you have a battery that's triggering an autoland sequence at 60% charge, then the problem would appear to be with the battery, not with the firmware. The firmware is simply telling you that you have a duff battery. I'd suggest contacting wherever you bought the battery from, and arranging a warranty replacement.

As to the how of downgrading: simply download and run PA 3.0. It will offer to "upgrade" your firmware to 3.04.

I don't think reverting will stop the autolanding after it has started doing it. I suspect something is triggered in the battery circuitry itself and then you can't reverse it.

It does seem possible 3.06 is somehow more fussy and triggering the behaviour prematurely.
But maybe that battery would be about to cause a more serious sudden failure if not detected by 3.06.

4wd said:
It does seem possible 3.06 is somehow more fussy and triggering the behaviour prematurely.
But maybe that battery would be about to cause a more serious sudden failure if not detected by 3.06.

That would be my concern. If you have a faulty battery, then simply disabling warnings about it doesn't seem (to me at least) to be the right solution.

HarryT said:
gruvpix said:

If you have a battery that's triggering an autoland sequence at 60% charge, then the problem would appear to be with the battery, not with the firmware. The firmware is simply telling you that you have a duff battery. I'd suggest contacting wherever you bought the battery from, and arranging a warranty replacement.

As to the how of downgrading: simply download and run PA 3.0. It will offer to "upgrade" your firmware to 3.04.

Thanks, I will download the old assistant. It seems like a weird coincidence to me that as soon as I upgraded to 3.06, I got early auto land on all of my batteries at various charge levels (yes all 4 of them). I am sure my batteries are all faulty, they have about 30 charge cycles each on them and according to the other thread that's about all you can expect to get. But in the meantime, I know there is no actual danger of flying the thing beyond the auto land threshold, because I've done it on 3.04

Does anyone know where I can download the old Assistant Software for Mac OS 10.7 Lion? I've searched for awhile now and can't find anything. All the old download links for Mac Lion lead to the downloads page which only has the Mac 10.9 Assistant. I'm hesitant to upgrade to Mavericks until I back up Final Cut 7.

I'm getting a weird twitch/noise in my H3 Gimbal. I've read a firmware update will solve it. However I've noticed it's much worse in a newer battery I just bought. Additionally it doesn't like to fly straight with this newer battery and the motors are much more sensitive. Everything feels off.

Weird noise I'm hearing in the newer battery (I'm pretty sure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPbx51M ... e=youtu.be

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20