downgrading firmware to v1.4.10

Reaction score
Does anybody actually know HOW to downgrade the firmware to the previous version? The release notes for 1.5.003 says:

"The firmware can be downgraded to v1.4.10 or later only. "

I fear I have a corrupt firmware installation but can't figure out how to re-install 1.5.003. The bird says 1.5.003 was completed successfully so when it looks at the firmware the upgrade doesn't happen b/c it's the same version as on my disk.

Mark

same here. please help.

Format your memory card, put the old firmware BIN in the root of your memory card, and install it just like you did with the latest firmware.

I too had a problem when I first installed 1.5.003. So I used the old 1.4.001 bin file on a freshly formatted sd card and reloaded that firmware. I then reloaded a new copy of the 1.5.003 bin file and everything is now fine. I powered off the Phantom between each firmware change and made sure the RC was off all the time.

I"ve tried. it starts as normal, then after a few minutes, it goes into the red light/loud buzzing, indicating an abort.
anyway....
maybe DJI will fix the 1.5 fw update soon....

I"ve tried. it starts as normal, then after a few minutes, it goes into the red light/loud buzzing, indicating an abort.
anyway....
maybe DJI will fix the 1.5 fw update soon....
Have you checked your log files on the SD card? There are 2 files to look at, one is a .txt file in the root directory of the card - P3X_FW_RESULT_AB. The other is located in a hidden folder - MISC\LOG\P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt

Have you checked your log files on the SD card? There are 2 files to look at, one is a .txt file in the root directory of the card - P3X_FW_RESULT_AB. The other is located in a hidden folder - MISC\LOG\P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt

Yep, I've looked at both. Not that I know what I'm looking for but all "seems" normal from the best I can tell.

I'm just wanting to do a simple task that the firmware release notes says you can do ... but nobody seems sure it's possible. On the DJI forum, I got a message from one of the DJI employees that you can't do it ... go figure.

Yep, I've looked at both. Not that I know what I'm looking for but all "seems" normal from the best I can tell.

I'm just wanting to do a simple task that the firmware release notes says you can do ... but nobody seems sure it's possible. On the DJI forum, I got a message from one of the DJI employees that you can't do it ... go figure.
Can you post the log files here?. Maybe we can see something you missed.

Why do you fear you have a corrupt installation?

Can you post the log files here?. Maybe we can see something you missed.

Why do you fear you have a corrupt installation?

Not sure what else it could be. I just installed a new main board and can't get the beeping to stop. It's a long story, but my last hope is that it's the main board. My local repair shop doesn't have a clue either. I actually tried to downgrade and then upgrade. Thanks for looking, here are the files.

Attachments

• P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 628
  • P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    22 KB · Views: 377
Not sure what else it could be. I just installed a new main board and can't get the beeping to stop. It's a long story, but my last hope is that it's the main board. My local repair shop doesn't have a clue either. I actually tried to downgrade and then upgrade. Thanks for looking, here are the files.

Looked at your logs....you did successfully install 1.5.3 and also downgrade to 1.4.1 and then successfully updated to 1.5.3 again. There seems to be no problem with the FW installations or downgrading.

Thanks TrynFlyn, I appreciate you looking. I really don't have a clue what to try next. Authorized repair shop says they can put ANOTHER main board in but can't guarantee it - if it doesn't work I still have to buy it. It just beeps and beeps ... never stops.

I wrecked it, got an ESC error, replaced main board ... started beeping. Yesterday I put the "old" main board back in to see what would happen and had the "old" problems (3 motors start, one doesn't ... ESC error). I then re-installed the new board and still the exact same thing - never stops beeping.

Nobody knows what to do except throw a bunch of money at it

Thanks TrynFlyn, I appreciate you looking. I really don't have a clue what to try next. Authorized repair shop says they can put ANOTHER main board in but can't guarantee it - if it doesn't work I still have to buy it. It just beeps and beeps ... never stops.

I wrecked it, got an ESC error, replaced main board ... started beeping. Yesterday I put the "old" main board back in to see what would happen and had the "old" problems (3 motors start, one doesn't ... ESC error). I then re-installed the new board and still the exact same thing - never stops beeping.

Nobody knows what to do except throw a bunch of money at it
That's a tough one...sorry.
You have a P3A right? Couldn't hurt to try to install to FW for the Pro. Or even the new 1.6.4 FW
Does it fly?

That's a tough one...sorry.
You have a P3A right? Couldn't hurt to try to install to FW for the Pro. Or even the new 1.6.4 FW
Does it fly?
Yeah, its a P3A and No, it doesn't fly. It just sits beeping. I've tried leaving it in the fridge, I've let it run for over 2 hours, I've tried everything I know to do (or have been told to try). It just beeps away and the motors never turn.

Maybe I'll try the new firmware.

I love DJI products and used them to work with BUT i do not understand WHY they to not allow they costumers to downgrade firmware as they whant to .....If they use they customers as test pilots then at list let them upgrade or downgrade as they want to !!! PLEASE DJI PLEASE !!!!
This simple step is going to save us lots of problems and also DJI because they will have less returns because lots of actual problems can be fix downgrading, my recently buy Phantom 3 Pro comes with Firmware 1.1.9+ and fly perfect, no video feed problems, no fly zones, no problems !!
I have 1 DJI 550, 1 insipre 1, 1 Phantom 3 Pro and also 1 Ronin M, and been flying for 3 years now so i know what i am talking about.
Thanks

Msinger has listed all the FW on his site

I love DJI products and used them to work with BUT i do not understand WHY they to not allow they costumers to downgrade firmware as they whant to .....If they use they customers as test pilots then at list let them upgrade or downgrade as they want to !!! PLEASE DJI PLEASE !!!!
This simple step is going to save us lots of problems and also DJI because they will have less returns because lots of actual problems can be fix downgrading, my recently buy Phantom 3 Pro comes with Firmware 1.1.9+ and fly perfect, no video feed problems, no fly zones, no problems !!
I have 1 DJI 550, 1 insipre 1, 1 Phantom 3 Pro and also 1 Ronin M, and been flying for 3 years now so i know what i am talking about.
Thanks

There a reason for not allowing downgrading FWs.

1. FW updates are designed to improve the performance and remove the defects.

2. It's highly painful to maintain integration of multiple SW and FW for backward compatibility as it leads to numeral combinations

3. SW from stores like App Store from Apple do not allow you to downgrade at all. They have strong case of security.

In such cases software developers like DJI ensures that there are at least two versions of FW compatible with current DJI Go App though that offers limited flexibility but that's the best manageable efforts.

If dependency on mobile devices is removed then it may be possible to achieve any level of downgrade obviously with known combinations.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20