Downgrading firmware on P4P for Autopilot / Litchi?

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I just got my P4P back from DJI (Vision System Calibration error), actually it's a different unit, and of course it has the latest version of firmware. Went I sent mine in that new version didn't exist yet! No explanation as to why I got a different unit.

So now I'm afraid to 1 - Fly with Autopilot and 2 - Downgrade the firmware.

Although Assistant 2 has the option to downgrade, I'm gun shy. I was without my P4P for 4 weeks and 1 day! I don't want to have to send it in again if the downgrade option fails!

I'm running macOS Sierra. Any comments on this?

So now I'm afraid to 1 - Fly with Autopilot and 2 - Downgrade the firmware.
The word from Litchi was: - due to a bug in the DJI firmware, Focus, Track and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking modes are no longer usable with the following drone models and firmware versions: Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418). If you are using one of these firmware versions and wish to continue using the affected flight modes, either downgrade to a previous firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 PC/Mac app or wait for DJI to release a new firmware that will fix this bug
Are you particularly wanting to use those modes or just cautious in general?
Litchi works just fine for everything else.

Rolling back a firmware version in Assistant 2 is quite straightforward. I don't think you need to be scared of it

Actually it's Waypoints in Autopilot that I want to use, which is affected just like Litchi if I understand correctly. Autoflight Logic still has the big banner on their website about it.

I'll have to hold my breath and try the downgrade. Ironic because when I shipped it out to DJI that buggy version didn't exist yet!

Actually it's Waypoints in Autopilot that I want to use, which is affected just like Litchi if I understand correctly. Autoflight Logic still has the big banner on their website about it.
You mean this banner that says Waypoints works fine (just like it does in Litchi)
There is currently an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot. We do not recommend* using Autopilot with these aircraft types until a resolution has been found for this issue.
* It is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC).

Here's the full warning from Litchi:
March 7th, 2017 - There is currently an issue with the latest firmware for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

Yup, that's the banner from Autopilot.

I didn't mean to say that Waypoint Missions don't work, apparently they do in LCMC mode. But for my purposes LCMC is very limiting. Focus Triggers (with interpolation) and Dynamic Acceleration are key features I want and loose when in LCMC mode. Flying a curved path while controlling aircraft yaw, descending, decelerating and controlling gimbal pitch is not something I can manually pull off. Once I got the hang of Autopilot that became pretty simple, with excellent results!

I purchased Litchi but haven't used it. From the training videos I found it didn't seem to have the focus interpolation like Autopilot. Am I wrong?

I did it! Downgraded to 01.02.0304 using the Assistant 2. It was straightforward as Meta4 said.

The download part went pretty quick but the actual update stopped at 20% for what seemed like well over 5 minutes. I was beginning to panic. But it finally continued and didn't hesitate that long again.

Autopilot is working well, just like before! Yippee!

Just downgraded mine too for same reasons, wasn't much of a wait at 20%.

have any of you tried the new firmware released today that Litchi sent an email regarding the issue being fixed?

Dear Litchi Pilots,

The new DJI firmware updates for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0600) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0509) fixed the issue introduced in the previous firmware versions which would cause erratic behavior in some of Litchi's flight modes. All of Litchi's flight modes are safe to use again with the latest firmware version for the Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro. The issue still exists in the current firmware for the Inspire 2.

The Litchi Team

Hi guys
i browse around and searched before posting , is anyone know if as of today (Late August 2017 , it is possible to downgrade P4P AC or RC ? )
all posts and successful communications about it are old and these were prior AC Fw 01.04.0602 and RC Fw : 01.00.01.05 , which i want to downgrade from .
I am sorry if this exact question have been answered or reply on another post /topic .

I just got my P4P back from DJI (Vision System Calibration error), actually it's a different unit, and of course it has the latest version of firmware. Went I sent mine in that new version didn't exist yet! No explanation as to why I got a different unit.

This is pretty common. It probably make the process quicker -- they just send you a refurb from the shelf and put your broken unit in the cue for rehab or stripping.

Hi guys
i browse around and searched before posting , is anyone know if as of today (Late August 2017 , it is possible to downgrade P4P AC or RC ? )
all posts and successful communications about it are old and these were prior AC Fw 01.04.0602 and RC Fw : 01.00.01.05 , which i want to downgrade from .
I am sorry if this exact question have been answered or reply on another post /topic .

Search around on YouTube to find out how to roll it back to an older firmware version. DJI will be of no help in this department.

Reactions: Onemanshow

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj