Downgrading firmware more than 1 version using service bin

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to drones and this forum and I want to pick your collective brains.

My brother and I have recently purchased P3A drones and have flown them successfully for the last few days.
Yesterday I made the mistake of upgrading my phantom's firmware to 1.9.6 and now my range has been massively reduced. My brother can still fly at least 500m out (not pushed it any further yet) but I am loosing signal at about 300m. I've read a lot on the forums since then and I now know not to upgrade unless you have good reason to. I also know that you can generally only downgrade one version. I downgraded to 1.8.8 and the range issue persists ( also went back up to 1.9.6 and no joy).

Looking at my brother's phantom he is running fw 1.5.3+ and I want to go back to that version.

Hunting through the forums I found a reference to a service bin that would let you install any firmware version. I now have a copy of the service bin and the 1.5.0030 firmware but I don't know if the service bin still works with the latest firmware. The threads are all about a year old and I'm concerned I might brick my phantom. Have anyone downgraded a recent firmware version using the service bin?

Also I noticed on the firmware download page 1.3.2 is available can I downgrade to this and then up yo 1.5.3?

Any help would be appreciated as the current range is killing me!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20