Downgrade Remote Success, How to get from 1.4.1 to 1.1.9?

I don't understand this problem. I've not upgraded my firmware since May 2015. Why should I? The bird is flying just fine. People are reporting all sorts of issues, and I really think, why bother upgrading something that works?
Many people were either told they needed to or didn't know what they were in store for when updating fw. You would think it would make it better. At least having the ability to roll back can fix some issues people are having.

Hello guys, I m on 1,5 on a B controller and 1,4 on the P3, like to downgrade the controller to 1,4 or 1,3, can't figure and follow right your steps, when I force the boot on the controller I don't get the option to download the 1.5 and say unknown fw. And how to rot the iPad to modify the fw names and force the downgrade?
If you could do give me some step by step procedure, will be appreciated

I used Android to do it. Per Dilux....

You need a JAILBROKEN ipad to do this next part.
I used the FILZA app to find "C1_FW_V01.05.0070.bin" and renamed it toold.bin
I then copied the firmware that I wanted to flash to into the same folder and renamed it to "C1_FW_V01.05.0070.bin" leave the plist file alone.

Hello guys, I m on 1,5 on a B controller and 1,4 on the P3, like to downgrade the controller to 1,4 or 1,3, can't figure and follow right your steps, when I force the boot on the controller I don't get the option to download the 1.5 and say unknown fw. And how to rot the iPad to modify the fw names and force the downgrade?
If you could do give me some step by step procedure, will be appreciated
the instructions are all there, read, then use google or youtube for anything else you need to learn or know. this is a phantom 3 forum, not a 'how to rot iPad' forum.

I just spent a couple of hours trying to figure out why my Litchi 2.3.1 would crash. Now as some of you know, I made the mistake of upgrading my RC which had 1.3.20 to 1.5.70. Once this happens, Litchi 2.3.1 (which has no altitude limitation), crashes on start up. I then swapped my controller to one with RC 1.3.20 - and behold, Litchi 2.3.1 worked once again. But then I swapped my RC HDMI module board from my upgraded 1.5.70 controller to my "old" controller with 1.3.20. Result: Litchi 2.3.1 crashes on startup. So my theory is that the update to 1.5.70 somehow also changes some code on the HDMI upgrade board itself, which you cannot downgrade. I will now order a "virgin" HDMI upgrade board to see if this is the reason. I just hope it's not updated from the factory.

EDIT: It gets even more interesting. With the "updated" HDMI module in the RC, DJI Go versions prior to 2.4.3 don't work anymore. They connect and display camera, but give all info as N/A! I tried 2.4.0 and 2.3.0 (I don't have 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 anymore). So definitely, some updating is done to the HDMI board with the 1.5.70 RC upgrade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apilot101
Yes, I did get my rc from 1.5 down to 1.3 but I still cant use the old Litchi yet. I tried the old versions of Go (1.0) and had crashes the same way. I have 2.0.0 and 2.4.2 GO for android if you need it. It can be side loaded easily.

Yes, I did get my rc from 1.5 down to 1.3 but I still cant use the old Litchi yet. I tried the old versions of Go (1.0) and had crashes the same way. I have 2.0.0 and 2.4.2 GO for android if you need it. It can be side loaded easily.
You had the HDMI module in the RC?
I'd like a copy of 2.4.2 if you can upload it somewhere :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how come it still crashes? There must be some hidden 1.5 code left on the RC, otherwise it wouldn't crash...

I think they forced everyone to go from Pilot app to the Go app and made it not backwards compatible. I could be wrong, but thats what Im thinking.

I think they forced everyone to go from Pilot app to the Go app and made it not backwards compatible. I could be wrong, but thats what Im thinking.
Not only the Pilot app. Any Go app version prior to when 1.5.70 RC was released, will not work with the new RC firmware, as far as I tested. So prior toDJI GO App version 2.4.2 ( IOS ) or 2.4.1 (Android). It will connect, show camera image, but no data at all (all N/A).

Not only the Pilot app. Any Go app version prior to when 1.5.70 RC was released, will not work with the new RC firmware, as far as I tested. So prior toDJI GO App version 2.4.2 ( IOS ) or 2.4.1 (Android). It will connect, show camera image, but no data at all (all N/A).

It will not work with the older RC firmware either if your aircraft was ever upgraded to 1.5 or higher, even if you downgrade the aircraft... I successfully downgraded my RC to 1.4.3 but it still does not work with GO 2.4.0-- Just as you observed, you get video but none of the telemetry data shows. All zeros or N/A 2.4.1 works, but doesn't help me because for my purposes I need to be on 2.4.0

There is something in the aircraft that gets updated with the 1.5 firmware that does not go back when you try to downgrade to 1.4. You can see it in the text log file after the firmware upload, the version of that component does not change, even though the aircraft goes through the firmware motions and reports 1.4 after the upload is complete. Confirmed by looking at older update logs that the component version changed upward with the 1.4 to 1.5 firmware upgrade. Whatever that component is, it doesn't go backwards, so it pretty much scuttles this whole effort.

If someone has downgraded to the point where they can use GO 2.4.0 I'd love to know what steps you used....

It will not work with the older RC firmware either if your aircraft was ever upgraded to 1.5 or higher, even if you downgrade the aircraft... I successfully downgraded my RC to 1.4.3 but it still does not work with GO 2.4.0-- Just as you observed, you get video but none of the telemetry data shows. All zeros or N/A 2.4.1 works, but doesn't help me because for my purposes I need to be on 2.4.0

There is something in the aircraft that gets updated with the 1.5 firmware that does not go back when you try to downgrade to 1.4. You can see it in the text log file after the firmware upload, the version of that component does not change, even though the aircraft goes through the firmware motions and reports 1.4 after the upload is complete. Confirmed by looking at older update logs that the component version changed upward with the 1.4 to 1.5 firmware upgrade. Whatever that component is, it doesn't go backwards, so it pretty much scuttles this whole effort.

If someone has downgraded to the point where they can use GO 2.4.0 I'd love to know what steps you used....
I did get my RC back to 1.3, quad 1.4 usinf 2.4.2 version of GO. Im still trying to get it back. 2 guys on RC Groups claim they did it. Ive yet to get them to show how yet.

..... 2.4.1 works, but doesn't help me because for my purposes I need to be on 2.4.0

What are your purposes? Trying to use old Litchi?

So hopefully a question along these lines. I have 1.3.2 on the quad and 1.5.7 on the R/C. Is this going to cause a problem?

So hopefully a question along these lines. I have 1.3.2 on the quad and 1.5.7 on the R/C. Is this going to cause a problem?
If you want to use Litchi 2.3.1, then it won't work.

I may have phrased the question a bit wrong. I really wanted to make sure that the R/C firmare 1.5 would work okay when the quad only has FW ver 1.3.2 on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20