downgrade from v3.0

Reaction score
I need to downgrade my phantom from v 3.0 to v 2.0.

Does anyone know a good way to do this?

It seems I can maybe downgrade to 1.8 - and then back up to 2.0 (to support my ground station and h3-3d).

If anyone has had success with this, please let me know

You can downgrade to 1.08 only. You will not be able to go to 2.0 from 1.08. Basically, your only options are to stay at 3.00 or go to 1.08, but once you go to 1.08, you won't be able to back to 3.00. It'll upgrade you all the way up to 3.04.

I suggest you stay with 3.00, it's your best solution to maintain GS support and still maintain some decent speed.

Ok so I could go to 1.08 and then upgrade to 3.04. I think that would work for me.

Just remember, if you go to 3.04, you will limit your max tilt angle thus limiting your top speed. The reason I suggest sticking with 3.00 is that you'll still have a max tilt angle of 25 degrees which is the same as 1.08 and you'll still have Ground Station support.

In att mode you gain another 5 deg of tilt thus more speed
The new 3.06 has been released and it pretty eliminates all the TBE and tracking issues.

Tom

Diesel31 said:
You can downgrade to 1.08 only. You will not be able to go to 2.0 from 1.08. Basically, your only options are to stay at 3.00 or go to 1.08, but once you go to 1.08, you won't be able to back to 3.00. It'll upgrade you all the way up to 3.04.

I suggest you stay with 3.00, it's your best solution to maintain GS support and still maintain some decent speed.
I had not heard this before. Have you tested this? I have been able to go up & down with the mac version.

LuvMyTJ said:
Diesel31 said:

I had not heard this before. Have you tested this? I have been able to go up & down with the mac version.

Yes. I have all three firmwares. 1.08 on a PC. 2.00 and 3.00 on my Mac. I had downgraded to 1.08, but wanted the Groundstation support. I tried to go to 2.00, but it I'll get either a firmware mismatch or it it'll say no updates available.

If you can get to 2.0, consider yourself lucky as well as the only one. Several others have tried, but have been successful.

I can go up and down, but I'm limited to 1.08 or 3.04. Get me to 2.0 and I'll buy you a steak or salad (if you're a vegetarian).

Hey guys, saw your post and fell into the speed trap myself. do you think DJI will fix this in a future release. I have a May 2014 assistant software in a file, i think i am going to go back to it, I really need my speed back.

Diesel31 said:
I can go up and down, but I'm limited to 1.08 or 3.04. Get me to 2.0 and I'll buy you a steak or salad (if you're a vegetarian).

You sir are correct. I had no luck going to v2.0.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj