Downgrade days over?

Well... remember that I'm on the latest version of the Assistant, so YMMV... but for me, everything in the info pane is accurate (and I don't see any contradictions... though I don't get the upgrade pane anymore, since I already upgraded, so someone else will have to answer that). I could see how the upgrade pane might get out of sync if you are using an older version of the tool and still have a newer version of firmware on your Phantom.

adanac said:
I have a P2 non-vision. Let me ask you, how does one determine the current firmware version, the Info pane?

I find the upgrade/info panes confusing. In the Info pane it says current version is 3.0. In the Upgrade pane it says Firmware 3.06, but it also says the Latest Version is 3.04, which is contradictory.

That would seem to indicate that you're using Phantom Assistant 3.0, which contains firmware version 3.04, but that you've previously used Phantom Assistant 3.2 to upgrade to firmware 3.06 (or you have a new Phantom, which came with 3.06 pre-installed).

Looking for some advice:

Ive been reading these posts and see that some have been able to downgrade their firmware. I want to try this too, would someone be interested in emailing me some advice on how to go about it? I'm very new to this quad (P2V+) and have never done this.

I actually am looking to be able to roll back past the airport restrictions. It was mentioned above that there would need to be very specific reasons to do this. I totally agree. Mine is that I use the drone to video training footage in large shops...that happen to be within 2 miles of a large airport. I cant even get the drone to take off inside my building.

Could anyone offer suggestions on how I can use my new paperweight? for now...I'm grounded.

Thanks

Thanks so much for the response. Can you clarify just a bit please? I'm seriously new to this.

So I need to download Assistant software 1.08. Connect to my Mac. How will I initiate the downgrade?

By downgrading to 1.08 will that allow me to update to 2.0?

I have 1.08 (I've found it online). But I have a Phantom_2_installer_v1.08.exe AND I have an Assistant-1-08.zip.

Sorry to keep asking, just not sure where to start.

For those trying to get to 2.0, your attempts are futile. You can downgrade to 1.08, but that will not allow you to go to 2.0.
2.0 is the holy grail. IMO, 2.0 is the best firmware, and unless you're still on 2.0, there is no way to get back on to 2.0. :cry:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers