Down-link loss followed by R/C loss but how was it for you?

Reaction score
I'm curious how YOU may have experienced Video Downlink loss and how much longer before R/C signal loss and RTH?

My limited experience thus far has been that they are fairly close to each other (maybe 75 feet or so), although you can regain Vid D/L by making sure your pointing the antennas in the right direction (surprising when your watching the screen how far off you can drift in pointing the controller/antenna).

My Inspire is about the same... very close. I first lose video and then about another 150-200ft I lose R/C signal. Same with my P3A.

If your antennas are already correctly oriented, the key to restoring both FPV and Signal is to quicky elevate as soon as you lose FPV, while you still have RC control. If you wait until you also lose signal, you will have to first wait for RTH elevation to restore signal and FPV, assuming you have the height set high enough, so that it will always ascend, no matter how high you are currently flying. As soon as the FPV gets sketchy, elevate in 10 feet increments until it comes back. It may also help to yaw the aircraft in place to restore FPV. The video antennas are in the struts, and may be blocked by the gimbal and camera in certain orientations.

Reactions: Reed L and ryantrax
If your antennas are already correctly oriented, the key to restoring both FPV and Signal is to quicky elevate as soon as you lose FPV, while you still have RC control. If you wait until you also lose signal, you will have to first wait for RTH elevation to restore signal and FPV, assuming you have the height set high enough, so that it will always ascend, no matter how high you are currently flying. As soon as the FPV gets sketchy, elevate in 10 feet increments until it comes back. It may also help to yaw the aircraft in place to restore FPV. The video antennas are in the struts, and may be blocked by the gimbal and camera in certain orientations.
Awesome advice!

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan