Down Grading firmware

Reaction score
Let me preface this by stating that I am just sharing MY experience with this so far. i COULD be way off as to how to do this. if you choose to do this, and it goes wrong, dont blame me

OK so, there is a link on these pages that will take you to a page where you can download ALL of the firmware versions for Phantom 3S i have SUCCESSFULLY loaded version 1.2

although i could NOT get either of my controllers to work with the bird. everything showed that it was connected and signals were good, but no response, i might have an idea why but ill try later.

So some of this may sound basic to some and others may be like WHOA . as I was. first off, your firm ware is ON THE SD CARD. you will need to go into (WINDOWS for me) and enable the function to SHOW ALL FOLDERS. this will reveal quite a bit more on your SD card. one file being the firm ware BIN file. its really as simple as removing the current BIN file. drag and drop the downloaded one. insert card into bird and fire everything up. connect device like normal; and let the annoying beeps and buzzes begin. once its al done, reboot everything and go into app and link controller. perhaps you will have better luck than i did with this part.

where i think possibly my problem might have been is i left the functioning firmware BIN file ON the car, i just renamed it by adding a 'A" to it. in theory the file would be overlooked and go on to the next BIN file which is older version. I was able to see on app that firmware was at 1.2 but it did not show a serial for either controller I plan on removing the file all together and re doing this process.

As I always said don't upgrade so you won't have to down grade your firmware.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

i got mine in February and straight out of the box, it tells me i meed to update. i was all noob gungho i watched the videos with that annoying guy that has perfect hair and perfect teeth and he tells me out of the box i MUST update so i do.......to 1.3 which i guess is where **** went sour..

i got mine in February and straight out of the box, it tells me i meed to update. i was all noob gungho i watched the videos with that annoying guy that has perfect hair and perfect teeth and he tells me out of the box i MUST update so i do.......to 1.3 which i guess is where **** went sour..

Yeh well I read all the posts never upgrade so when I got mine out of the box I didn't upgrade and things are sweet. Hope you figure your stuff out bro. It's a bit of a nightmare when upgrading, I always ask why do it when the bird flys sweet ? Kind of strange really

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Garry, In windows on my computers I can't stand having hidden files hidden, errrrr.
A lot of my computers will have a desktop.ini files on my desktop. If you don't understand that right now, you will in the future.
Anyways..
Changing a letter on the thebina.bin to athebinb.bin or etc. That really only works in your explorer because you have set to view in that direction.
If its looking for only a (anything.bin), the first one if finds is probably the first on that had been copied to Card.
The simplest solution without deleting the one to be skipped is to rename it to .ben or .was or .nib. A (.bin.was) for example would not be something I would choose.
If I missed read your post, I'am sorry.;)

1.5 was really solid, and it improved battery stability. I agree updates can hurt, but they can also be really helpful.

Rodpad you are correct on what i was trying to accomplish. i will try again and see what happens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj