Double battery charger

Reaction score
Just looking on ebay and found this

Double battery charger

Suitable or a gimmick, will i be able to use the standard charger that comes with the P2V or will it cause me problems.

thanks

Several have stated they work. But it will not charge any faster. If one battery takes 1-1/2 hours, two will take 3 hours.
Easy way to speed up charging is just buy a second charger.

they don't connect to the DJI charger very well, very hard to get a connection & power it up. I bought the separate power pack for it

i haven't confirmed it, but i suspect DJI have also blocked non-genuine chargers after the battery software update we had recently. I was planning on using my P2 last weekend so got the batteries out, 1 had lost a bar so plugged it into the bar the OP linked to (i'm using a separate power pack as the DJI charger doesn't connect to it well). Then tried to do the override charge (turn the battery on as normal), but it would only show me the battery level then go off. Swopped to the DJI charger & went into charge mode straight away

The only way you can get mutable battery's to charge as fast as charging a single battery when using one of them charge plates for multiple battery's is to use a power supply with more amperage then the stock chargers power supply. If use a 15amp power supply it will charge 3 battery's in about the same amount of time as it takes to just charge 1 battery. All that the charger dji uses is. is a regulated switched power supply and its not really a charger its self and only puts out a little over 13volts dc at 6 amps. The real charge circuit is in the battery's them selves and they will not let the battery's charge any faster then about 5amps each. So even if you use a bigger power supply such as even a 20 or 25 amp charger on one of the boards. The battery's still will not charge any faster then the 5 amp rate on each on. I've tried a few different power supply's with one of them 3 battery connection boards to charge my battery's without any problems. Even in my truck camper I have rigged up a dc socket so that even when I'm camping off the grid in the middle of no were I have a plug that plugs in to my dc outlet on the outside of my camper and I plug that in to the charge board and draw power directly off my campers battery bank. Or if my generator is running I have a 12 amp dc outlet on that that I can plug directly in to also. Tho that takes a lil bit longer to charge 3 battery's at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20