Dorset: Jurassic Coast

Reaction score
So another fun day out however this time to Old Harrys Rocks. Beautiful early morning and some afternoon cream tea in Corfe. My second video I've created. Again a good bit of dslr and gopro footage thrown in with the drone stuff. Hoping to perhaps get a series of these outings on video and maybe create a bit of a youtube channel if people are interested.

/Iain

Last edited:
**** can't see it. I am form Dorset so always interested in any aerial foitage

**** can't see it. I am form Dorset so always interested in any aerial foitage

oh is it not working? I'm not sure what I've done then. Seems to work for me. I'll see what I can do.

Can anyone confirm that the link is working now?

Otherwise here is the channel: Iain Mackenzie

Thanks guys. Strange, I'm not sure what I'd done differently from last time. The south coast has some wonderful landscape.

@gez If your in the dorset area I made a previous video last week about durdle's door and lulworth cove if your interested. Should be on my channel.

Did as was suggested in the post above. Brilliant video of old Harry - professional vibe with an air of fun and relaxation- well done mate - gonna look at the others now

Reactions: daveleeds

Here are a few more of Dorset. Corfe Castle, Studland beach, King Alfred's tower and Stourhead

@gez Cheers :) That is a fantastic shot you have of Corfe - and at such a beautiful time of day. Where is that bay video filmed and the Autumn lake scene?

EDIT: Just found you posted the locations below. my bad. I will have to make my next outing Stourhead.

Cheers iMack. Colour a bit off for some of the video as its been edited wrong still learning but loving the results come what may. Stourhead is beautiful and walking distance for me- even though it's in Wiltshire.

Haven't watched the vids yet (just off to bed) but will watch them all tomorrow, they look superb. I live in Corfe Mullen so know all these places pretty well.

Gez - I've thought about filming Corfe Castle but wasn't sure how the National Trust would react. Did you talk to them first or just go for it?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Calling dannyboy75 - sorry mate could not help myself...
I don't like flying near people so did the Corfe Castle flight really early as soon as there was enough good light, about 6:30 if I remember. Took of from the public car park (no one there but me). I did not really fly directly over it but kept basically to the hill side which is walked all over by the public. Have thought about asking and even joining the National Trust, but have not yet.

I live in parkstone.. Always out flying locally

This is my 1st proper video & edit

Gez - early mornings do seem to be the best time for this stuff. If I didn't have work and young kids to look after, I could've got some great footage over the River Stour the other morning - the mist was hanging just above it and it looked very atmospheric (no pun intended).

JustJ - I spent most of my life in Parkstone, until a few years ago when my first nipper was born. Had my wedding reception at the Haven, just at the end of the peninsula. We moved to Corfe Mullen when my first son arrived though, as houses aren't cheap in Parkstone!

Great vids all round guys, just watching them all now. Need to get off my *** and do some flying.

Sandbanks is a really nice area. I haven't had a chance to use my drone in the morning at bournemouth beach yet.

Corfe castle in the morning has the lying mist as well. haven't had a chance to catch that on drone yet.

Last edited:
That's a really well put together vid and Keeps you interested and wanting to see more, that's always the hardest part. Good work

That's a really well put together vid and Keeps you interested and wanting to see more, that's always the hardest part. Good work

Thanks ke1an. I'm glad it keeps up a good pace. If you wish, check out another video I made from Dorset.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr