Don't want to learn this way...

Buk

Reaction score
Just got the GoPro 3 Black connected to the Fat Shark video transmitter. Head out for some training flights. Set GoPro to 1080p 60 fps and take off. Also testing with voltage alarm too. First flight good.

Second flight nearly crashed into a tree shortly after take off. On a rare occasion, but beginning to occur more often, the GoPro reverses right and left. Really tough on a newbie to switch right for left on the roll and yaw sticks. Not the way I want to learn FPV.

Time to reload the software on the GoPro.

Thats very strange is really changes right to left.. wow I didn't think the gopro did that.

I've had that happen to me once in the past..
but it hasn't happened in very, very long time.

make sure you've updated to the latest GoPro Black firmware!

But prior to that,. sometimes turning on the GoPro after connecting to the Mini USB caused it to flip on me.
I leave my USB mini plugged in, and then turn on the GoPro. (but vice versa might work as well)

I dont use goggles but the screen I use with the DJI FPV setup has a button where I can switch the video in any direction including mirrored. You should be able to tell if your image is mirrored by the readout on the GoPro UI if its on screen as I assume it is unless you disabled it. Have a look through your fatshark documentation as there may be a button that lets you switch video orientation and you may have accidentally flicked this when putting on or taking off the goggles.

After re-installing the latest software in the GoPro 3 BE. I went out flying again using FPV Fat Shark Predators.

First recording okay. Started second recording without turning off GoPro, view in goggles was wrong right to left reversed.

Third time turned off GoPro while changing battery in Phantom. Started recording, all is good.

It appears I need to turn off the GoPro at the end of each recording, change Phantom battery, turn GoPro on and then record. Anomaly must be related to external power source being turned off and on. (Changing Phantom battery).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers