Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Don't upgrade to firmware V3.04

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by LMC, May 22, 2014.

1. LMC

LMC

2. golgotha

Just descend in manual mode. You can do very controlled and stable "falls" at 12m/sec and more. Kick it back into GPS mode with enough room to stabilize.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. adanac

4. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

You've got a lot of nerve flying up to 3,000ft. I'm sure you checked with local airfields and air traffic. And then you start to descend when you only have 55% battery left? Even at the max of 2m/s, you need more than 7 minutes to get all the way down.

5. QYV

QYV

odd that they would add another rate limit and not mention it in release notes.

I really wish they'd make it a user configurable setting

6. adanac

I do not consider that serious of photos on a chinese website to be proof of another descent limit.

7. Whiteram

+1 common sense deficient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. tom3holer

Quick update on 3.04.

I upgraded to it yesterday and flew today. I used default gains except lowered the Attitude gains from the way too high of 290 to 100.
    I found no change that I could detect. The descent rate is indeed still at 2 m/s.

Tom

9. damoncooper

Ok after going from 2.0 to 3.0.4, I had two crashes in 8 minutes. It was completely out of control. Re calibrated IMU, re calibrated compass 3 times. Just a wild out of control ride.

Luckily I kept it close by and the crashes were on soft sand/grass.

It's possible the new default gains are the cause as I DID hit the "default" button in the Assistant, but I'm skeptical.

Anyone have the v2 default gains I can try before RUNNING back to v2.0?

Thx

10. 4wd

4wd

It seems fine here.
    I clicked default gains and did the advanced IMU while connected up - and my Vision Plus seemed very stable and precise to fly this evening.

11. damoncooper

Any wind? I had a 10+mph wind. It's possible the new default gains (290%) are making the bird super twitchy and over-sensitive.

12. wkf94025

i agree with 4wd and tom3holer: 3.04 seems stable/solid the default gains surprised me (on paper) but flew normally. i have flown 8 batteries today, 4 in calm winds early, and 4 this afternoon in 10kts wind. Well behaved in all cases I also tried for the first time the v1.1 H3-3D and rotating my compass, so a lot of changes all at once. Happy with the sum of everything.

Kelly

13. damoncooper

I tried going back to v2.0, but FYI, it CAN'T BE DONE (at least that I can figure out, even going back to 1.08 first).

I did adjust the gains to the v2.0 defaults. I'll see what that does, if anything.

I DID notice, while staring at the Assistant that if I moved my Tx antenna near my compass the compass values changed dramatically. That disturbed me. I re-oriented and re-attached my TS 352 pointed more out the back with blue beam 3 turn CP pointing down and away from the compass.

I'm hoping that one or both of these changes helps me get a stable hover on v3.0.4. Otherwise I've got a very expensive paperweight with propellers.

14. macheung

What do u mean by that it can't be done? What happens when you try to downgrade using the assist v2.0?

15. damoncooper

I mean it literally cannot be done. v2.0 says no update available with 3.x or 1.0.8 installed.

Once you leave v2.0 you can never go back to. V 2.0 and v1.0.8 can't update H3-3D gimbal firmware and it's unclear if it would work or not. DJI claims v2.0 is required for H3-3D support but if you've gone to v3 x there is no going back.

"Welcome to the Hotel California....you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."