Don't try "Ground Station" with P2V+ in "Naza Mode"

At least you had plenty of water near by to wash out your boxers.

My blame for that to happen would 1st be the compass wasn't calibrated for the area you were preparing to fly in.

Since my first post here I found out that Ground Station works perfecly in the NAZA mode. I agree, the compass wasn't properly calibrated, nothing to do with NAZA.

I have tried it a couple of time without any problem.

The safest way is to set your home point somewhere up in the air and your first and last way point close to the home point.

The only thing I am still don't understand is when you start your ground station mission from the ground, why the PV2+ doesn't first climb vertically 5 or 10 feet and then take off to the first way point. I read somewhere it is supposed to do that, but mine goes at an angle to the first way point which can be dangerous if you have obstructions in the way.

I did my very first Ground Station waypoint flight this morning in Naza-M mode and it worked flawlessly. I lost both WiFi and control signals for a while at one point due to a building being in the way but it continued its mission without a glitch. Was a little unnerving when I couldn't see or hear the Phantom during part of the mission but I was confident all would be well after reading posts and watching videos about this great feature. Anxious to try it again tomorrow :)

GustavL said:
I tried out the Ground Station today, flying the Phantom 2 Vision Plus in NAZA-M mode, AND GOT AWAY WITH IT. :idea:

Sweat was dripping down my face on a cold winters day! :shock: Unfortunately I only switched on video recording after take-off.

My bird took off like a wild thing (low and left), headed in the wrong direction, at double the speed I set, but luckily quickly gained the height I set on my 1st waypoint, and missed the trees I was scared off. Seeing something is wrong I paused the waypoint flight plan and the Phantom hovered close to the trees, but I could not gain control. So I pressed the "Go Home" button on the ground station, but nothing happened. Meanwhile the Phantom was swirling all over the place. Next I flipped the S2 switch to "Home Course" and pulled back on the throttle. Nothing happened. Next I flipped the S1 switch to bottom position "Fail-safe" but still no reaction.

Then I flipped the S1 switch back to GPS mode and at last got full control. :D

Afterwards I looked it up and found that: "The P2V+ waypoints system is not compatible with the Naza or the Naza-M" - so don't try it. :!:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ViOkSn6z_rE[/youtube]

When you say Naza-M mode, do you actually mean Atti mode (S2 in the middle position) rather than in GPS mode (S2 in upper position)? Naza-M unlocks these features, but in GPS mode it is exaclty the same as Phantom mode.

I've been flying in Naza-M mode and been able to use Ground Station without problem in GPS mode (S2 in upper position).

-Scott

As others have stated "Ground Station" works great for me, and exactly as described in the manual regardless of whether in "Phantom" or "NAZA" mode.

My first "Ground Station" flight was in the original "Phantom" mode. I tested out shutting off the controller and the P2V+ just kept on flying the waypoints. I also tested the "Return Home" function mid-flight and it came back "Home" and hovered for me to take control by flipping the S1 switch to ATTI then back to GPS.

Shortly after that I found out that NAZA mode really did everything the original "Phantom" mode did PLUS added the additional features of "Course Lock" and "Home Lock" on S2. I have no idea why DJI tries to scare beginners from using NAZA.

Since switching to NAZA mode, every "Ground Station" flight has gone exactly as planned. I set my waypoints, making sure the first waypoint doesn't have any tall obstacles in the way between Home and it, have S1 set to GPS, fly the P2V+ for 30 seconds or so to make sure it is responding as expected, then aim the P2V+ toward the first waypoint and hit "GO" on the "Ground Station" screen. So far the P2V+ always flown as expected.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj