Dont trust Litchi Waypoints!!

Reaction score
Hey i had an very scary and unacceptable flying experience today! So i made this 6000 m route.
d72afa9a3fcab21d8f6b55bc10305a04.jpg

I trusted it to go with no problem cause i just watched a video who flew the P3 Pro 13 km(Total) He flew 6.5 Km out, and i had 6.8 km in total and he came back with 15%. The litchi app said that it will take 10 min in total. So i didnt worry. So i set it on its mission. I walked inside as my friend was inside. We walked out at '':27 as it started the mission at "":19. And expected it to come back at "":29. But er saw nothing and no buzzing. I simply thought it was a little bit late. But at "" :40 i was very scared and lost hope. It was 10 min to late!! Finally i heard buzzing and i saw the drone!!! I was so happy ! Just one problem... Litchi sucks when it comes to video range. So i still didnt see the battery life. But it stopped a totally other spot than the last waypoint. I tried to get it back as it was landing. My heart even started hurting and i stressed. When i moved my stick to right (The way to get it towards me) But it just was descending faster when i did that. I had lost orientation but i finally made it point at me. I made it fly to me, I saw that it had bad battery as both back and front LEDS was flashing red. I took over and flew it fast down myself. I hand catched it but the video signal still haven't come back !! When finally inside the video signal came and i had 10%!!! I dont have a good feeling for the app anymore, it almost made my 600$ Phantom 3 Standard crash.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Can't see the point of Litchi. Why buy a drone and then get someone else to fly it? Seems a little daft to me. Glad you got it back ok.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Never had any problems with Litchi. I always set the end action to return to the first waypoint and hover. Then I switch to P mode and land it manually. Post your flight logs so we can take a look.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj