Don't Spend $200 To Transport Your Phantom

Reaction score
So . . . now you have your Phantom, but a big question rears its ugly head. How do you transport it to your flying site? Do you just throw it, along with yout TX and batteries, into the back of your car or truck? Well, you could do that, but upon some serious consideration you will probably decide to encase it in some suitable container for transport.

For about $200 you can buy a case that will hold your Phantom and just about everything else you can think of, but if you happen to have a Walkera MX400 quadcopter you can spend that $200 on more satisfying diversions.

My MX400 came with a nice looking case. The only problem there is that to fit the MX400 into the case for transport you have to remove the propellers and the landing gear. Well, you can get around removing the landing gear by putting the quad into the case upside down. However, having to install the props when you get to where you are going to fly is still a pain in wherever to are prone to experience pain.

Now, this case is more adaptable to the Phantom. The Phantom is still placed into the case upside down, but you do not have to remove the props. and, with very little foam surgery you can place the TX into the case sideways. This leaves 3 open cutouts in the foam in which you can put batteries.

So, if you can pick up a used MX400 case somewhere real cheaply, you will have an almost custom made case for your Phantom. ;)

i dont get what your talking about.a phantom or a mx400. i got a case for my phantom it fits nice with props on.

e1931755-408a-4228-b43c-640229f5516c_zps680470ef.jpg

I've got a toughcase xl that I normally use... But for quick trips, I had an old back pack laying around that fits the phantom without the props perfectly...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

My Pelican case with two Phantoms, two remotes, propellers on, and accessories inside the case underneath the remotes. I just have to take off the propeller guards as I didn't want to get a mammoth case.

Pellican_Case_for_Phantom.jpg

I have two of those Duratool cases and they are brilliant. I have my Phantom in one and my DX8, batteries, FPV screen etc in the other.

Which pelican case and how much? I know they're not exactly cheap.

The Duratool case is currently unavailable and Amazon lists they don't know when they'll get more.

tapiot said:
Which pelican case and how much? I know they're not exactly cheap.

The Duratool case is currently unavailable and Amazon lists they don't know when they'll get more.

The 1620 works perfectly. I was fortunate to have watched and bidded on eBay for a NEW - fantastic deal! I think I won it for about $160 total. New ones run around $180 - $230.

1620 Case
Interior Dimensions:
21.48" x 16.42" x 12.54" (54.5 x 41.7 x 31.8 cm)

Here's one up for auction now: used. Search and find the best deal with foam insert. Mine was complete and NEW!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pelican-1620-ca ... 3cd67fd27a

Hey RedFishChaser, what case is that? I plan to get the Vision and I want to be able to store it with my original Phantom much like you do in your case. Ben

justsomeguy said:
ChrisMohrSr said:
So . . . now you have your Phantom, but a big question rears its ugly head. How do you transport it to your flying site?

Not a big question at all. It gets strapped to the outside of one of my riding packs. It's quite durable and safe without the need for foam padding and a hard shell case.

These toys survive crashes from tens (hundreds?) of feet in the air so yes, they can also withstand being jostled outside of a cocoon of foam.

deuterphantom.jpg

I have the Duratool case and it's just the perfect "throw it in the car and go" Phantom case. It holds the quad, tx, as many dual-batteries as I can throw at it, charger + power supply, spares, tools, and other miscellany.

But I'm not hauling that up a mountain, no thanks. Strapping the naked quad to a daypack is a great way to get it into the wilderness. Thumbs up.

flydogs said:
Hey RedFishChaser, what case is that? I plan to get the Vision and I want to be able to store it with my original Phantom much like you do in your case. Ben

Pelican 1620. It's excellent! Fits two units as you can see, plus plenty of extras!

The 1650 can fit your kitchen sink. I wouldn't recommend it. I have that one for other equipment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues