Don't launch from roof of your car ...

Oh yes. One other thing. Also I believe I read somewhere that it says only calibrate the compass if the controller tells you to.
If you look at the quick start guide with the Mavic Pro there is no instruction to calibrate the compass.
The Disclaimers document has a pre-flight checklist which says, "Follow the on screen instructions to calibrate the compass". There were no on screen instructions to calibrate the compass.

It was the wind accelerating over the roof of the car.
It was a very light wind. It didn't crash like that. It started to drift very slowly. No control at all. Like the original post said they have throttle but I wasn't about to shoot the drone straight up into the air when I couldn't control it's horizontal movement.

Dji - like a lot of companies these days - should, if they don't currently, put only a note in in the box referring the owner to their latest online manual (which by the way, you can easily access and download within the Go app and use in the field.)
I, like many of you, read and reread the online manual 2 years ago while I waited for my new P3 to arrive from China.
It makes much more sense to have an online manual when the product software and firmware changes and evolves as much as the P3 has. I, for one am glad they have kept their early customers up with their advances and didn't just freeze us in time. :)

The Disclaimers document has a pre-flight checklist which says, "Follow the on screen instructions to calibrate the compass". There were no on screen instructions to calibrate the compass.

That's the problem with words in print... more than one way to interpret them.

I read that as "to calibrate the compass, follow the on screen instructions". They're telling you that in order to calibrate the compass, the instructions will be on screen.

Either way, I'm glad you are getting new props but I strongly advise reading the full manual. The compass should be calibrated before each flight, or at the very least when you fly from a new location... that should never be done (nor flown from) a source of potential magnetic interference.

...Or you'll soon be asking for more props!

Jeff
Still-Stock P3S

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20