Don't laugh at my idea.

First, tie thin fishing line (that has enough tolerance for friction) to the landing gear of your bird, and fly over the tree, pull away horizontally, then return back nearer to tree, descend, so that the line pass over ”Y" shaped branch near the top of the tree. Then, tie thicker wire to the line, pull from opposite. Tie more thick wire to the 2nd wire and pull. Finally fix a light (maybe with support bar) and electric line to the 3rd wire, and pull. The 3rd wire could be left.

If the tree don't have "Y" shaped branch at the top, prepare "Y" shaped statue (or pulley), of which below part is reversed funnel, hung it with hook with "V" shaped line tied to both two P3 landing gears. Fly above the tree, aim with FPV camera full down, slowly down, and when the top of the tree is inserted into funnel, descend a bit to detach the hook from "V" shaped line, ascend P3P. Then do the above operation.

The problem is to fix the light (with bar) on the top of the tree - how about using "POI" operation? The 3rd wire above is tied parallel with thin line (with big friction this time), you tie the line to P3 landing gear softly, fly up, do "POI" action turning 20-30 rounds around the light and bar, then fly away from the tree so remove the line from gear.

Actually I don't believe this plan goes well, sorry. :)
View attachment 28855
WTF lmao

It's all about a release mechanism.

Google

Just remember to pay the monkey before you fly your phantom :p
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'll be using my Phantom to bring bananas up to my monkey who will string the lights with fishing line.

I think it makes the most sense. Better get moving, though. It's almost September.

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Just have this guy do it.
11933451_123436258003502_1642237362202988861_n.jpg

Dirk, that's a chimpanzee, not a monkey. Please take this forum seriously.
Correct, though a chimpanzee is more adept at using tools I would suggest a bonobo due to their more family friendly nature. A chimp is likely to round up some of his buddies and hunt down and eat your Chihuahua after he strings the lights. Not that that would be a bad thing. Just sayin'.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers