Don't get my new Phantom 2 to start

Reaction score
Need some help,
Just bought a new Phantom 2 with a H3-3D.
I've updated the software and so on, but I can't start it. The remote control has a solid red light and the phantom is blinking slowly yellow all the time...

This is my first Phantom and don't have so much experience about it.

Need help!!

What does the manual say about the flashing yellow light?

I'm still new, but I think from what I've read is you need to bind your TX to your RX, (remote to bird)? Again, not 100% on this but it seems like I've read that somewhere.

Seems like a good place to start then.

Maybe Google or YouTube for more info.

I'm looking at the manual and don't see anywhere that the remote can have a solid red light, solid green yes, blinking red or blinking green yes, but solid red no. Can anyone confirm or back me up on this?

edit- I apologize, I was looking at the P2V+ manual. The P2 manual does show a solid red light as meaning the TX is ready and functioning normally.

Sounds like maybe the Rx type got switched when you did the firmware upgrade...check in the Assistant software on the RC tab to make sure it's set to "D-Bus"

Let's not turn into a group of guys who get irritated with people who ask a question. Yes.. reminding people to read the manual is ok, but being snarky about it is kind of lame. Besides - I've read that link a few times before and again now.. and the instructions are not particularly crystal clear.

Here's a thread I found in another forum that might help?

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthr ... ntinuously

I think most of us would say that your best bet is to search the symptom your having on google - because chances are, you're not the first person to experience it.

Because you didn't confirm it - you aren't accidentally in ATTI mode are you? (both toggle switches should be in the full up position when you power on).

Buckaye said:
Let's not turn into a group of guys who get irritated with people who ask a question. Yes.. reminding people to read the manual is ok, but being snarky about it is kind of lame. Besides - I've read that link a few times before and again now.. and the instructions are not particularly crystal clear.
Since myself and one other person mentioned the manual I will assume you are referring to one of us. I am the first guy to help out, thats why I became a moderator in the first place, to help others here on the forum. Answering the OP's question would have been doing them a disservice. If you are not aware of the lighting key on your Phantom, or how to look it up, you need to do more reading. It even comes with a card attached to the controller with the light key! It is a sophisticated machine that requires the operator to have knowledge of it's operation prior to flying it. I would rather help educate the OP by directing them to the manual which holds the answers to their questions than to see the next post from them trashing DJI because their expensive toy flew away... wouldn't you agree?

I spent 2 seconds finding these little gems in the manual that every owner & operator should have read before flying.

dbibdx.jpg

2hgd5ww.jpg

LuvMyTJ said:
Buckaye said:
Since myself and one other person mentioned the manual I will assume you are referring to one of us. I am the first guy to help out, thats why I became a moderator in the first place, to help others here on the forum. Answering the OP's question would have been doing them a disservice. If you are not aware of the lighting key on your Phantom, or how to look it up, you need to do more reading. It even comes with a card attached to the controller with the light key! It is a sophisticated machine that requires the operator to have knowledge of it's operation prior to flying it. I would rather help educate the OP by directing them to the manual which holds the answers to their questions than to see the next post from them trashing DJI because their expensive toy flew away... wouldn't you agree?

I spent 2 seconds finding these little gems in the manual that every owner & operator should have read before flying.

Ok I get your point. And I do read the instructions to this stuff... so I actually agree that's important. I guess it was the "that looks like a good place to start then" comment that felt a bit overboard to me. I have just been to a few forums where it get's antagonistic with the "go research it yourself" comments - so I might have over-reacted. I apologize.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav