Reaction score
Flyaways do happen.....
Regardless of system failure or pilot error, many will find themselves experiencing that sinking feeling when your Phantom drifts off on its own.
Most commercial pilots use our Marco Polo trackers on every job.
Watch our video at www.UAVfind.com and see the Marco Polo tracker in action.
No GPS. No monthly fees. 2 mile range.
Fly Safe......

2mile range????

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yep. Up to two miles. Tested mine a few times to see how well it worked by having a friend drive a mile or two away and 'hide' the bird.

Worked well, no issues. And battery life is up to 7 days from a full charge. So if you don't find it right away, you still have time to look again later. I never fly without it......even in my back yard.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Without a doubt...I lost a 350QX when they first came out a few years ago. I had used a bad battery that showed fully charged and flying it at night...all lights and power went out...couldn't find it where I thought it would of fallen down. Looked for months so this would take your headaches away :)

not saying trackers are not great or they don't do their job, however i lost a P3P while filming an abandoned bridge down in the Florida Keys, came crashing down into the water for no apparent reason, (besides maybe bermuda triangle effect ;-) ). Fortunately DJI stepped up to the plate, acknowledged there was no pilot error found in my flight logs and gave me a voucher for a brand new aircraft only. A tracker would have not been of much use and a total loss in that case. Just something to consider if you fly routinely over water, i guess.

Upon receiving my Marco Polo I never read the manual but charged the transmitter and receiver and sent my P4 out with the transmitter tie-rapped to the left rear leg. My first and only test of my Marco Polo was for real as my P4 encountered a 100'+ very tall Ponderosa Tree Top about 3/4 mile away. I activated the transmitter with the receiver and initially had a weak signal that got stronger that I followed right to my P4. I noticed in the flight log that my P4 had climbed 12' just before it hit the thin pine needles at the Tree Top. The area where I flew was very rough mountainous terrain full of deep gullies and rocks up at 8,000' in the Rocky Mountains all covered with very tall densly packed Ponderosa Pine Trees.

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not getting anything to show up at that website...is it down today?
***EDIT*** Does NOT show up in Chrome browser; DOES show up in Safari and Firefox.

Glad you found it. If you consider getting a Marco Polo, a company called UAVBits.net has holders for the gizmo that hooks to the bird. They call it a 'saddle', no idea why. But it comes with longer screws(same type) and spacers for the opposite legs. Really well built for a 3D printer product. I have mine on a P3S. They are in their catalog on the site. Took about 10 minutes to install, no issues, no cutting wires, etc.

Upon receiving my Marco Polo I never read the manual but charged the transmitter and receiver and sent my P4 out with the transmitter tie-rapped to the left rear leg. My first and only test of my Marco Polo was for real as my P4 encountered a 100'+ very tall Ponderosa Tree Top about 3/4 mile away. I activated the transmitter with the receiver and initially had a weak signal that got stronger that I followed right to my P4. I noticed in the flight log that my P4 had climbed 12' just before it hit the thin pine needles at the Tree Top. The area where I flew was very rough mountainous terrain full of deep gullies and rocks up at 8,000' in the Rocky Mountains all covered with very tall densly packed Ponderosa Pine Trees.

Sent from my VS995 using PhantomPilots mobile app
I'm in Colorado, thanks for this post it answered one of my concerns for this type of terrain and this tracker. GPS is not reliable when I'm hiking (the type of place a drone could fall) and anything cell related would be useless also.

Many will disagree, considering the "insurance" factor of the thing, but YIPES! That Marco Polo is one expensive little gadget. I guess they all are at this point, even if they do pinpoint the lost drone.

Many will disagree, considering the "insurance" factor of the thing, but YIPES! That Marco Polo is one expensive little gadget. I guess they all are at this point, even if they do pinpoint the lost drone.

Yeah, I'd rather find it than buy another drone. Phantoms are a bit pricy too. [emoji383]

Yeah, I'd rather find it than buy another drone. Phantoms are a bit pricy too. [emoji383]

Ya. I guess you might call it a calculated risk; 1 loss in 100 flights would convince me to go for it. I'm far beyond that now, but tomorrow, who knows? Kind of like the purchase of a weapon - pretty doggone expensive for something you will likely never (hopefully) need.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Yeah, there are a lot of "what if's" out there when we fly. Knowing my luck, a pesky hawk will take mine out when I have barely sight of it in the distance. To each his own I suppose.

I also bought the Marco Polo. Came in yesterday. Did a (wife) hide and (me) search and rescue mission of the beacon. Worked like a charm. I now know I can trust it. I will be buying the saddle from UAVbits as soon as they come out for one for the P4 which after contacting the owner, they got back to me and said they'll have something this coming week. I am probably going to be their first P4 customer.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I guess who flying more than 2miles one way on an average...if so I wouldn't think you be saving anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan