Don't Fly to Istanbul!

What a stuped thing to do...
What if.... No, let's not think about it... :(

They even covered the bottom lights with tape so they wouldn't be seen.

That's pitiful!

i don't think we need this publicity, its going to bit us on the *** if this goes public.

i don't think we should link on here.

This when it goes public is going to be so damaging to us all.

It's a tricky situation now. On the one hand nobody here wants that our hobby suffers because of this ******* so we say take the video down(basically protecting the guy) on the other hand I believe everybody here wants this guy to go to jail and the only way that will happen is if the video stays.
My only wish is that this guy's phantom malfunctions and that it falls on his face! And then that he also gets some serious jail time!
Pretentious motherfu****, just think what his thoughts were before initiating this flight "You all are pussies for following the law and restrictions, haha, I'm gonna do exactly that" He is practically laughing at our faces with this.

i can see the law makers, the pilots the news jumping on this in the next few days along with "Ban the drone" brigade, they will be all over this because of this *******.

His name, his "aerial company" are on youtube, I hope the authorities where he lives put him a dark dark dark cell and loose the key.

I understand the concerns. The video is already public in multiple places. It only took a simple internet search to find. The good thing about posting it here is that new Phantom users will see what not to do.

Does anyone here know exactly, will the phantom even power up the motors near an airport?!
I assume he switched to ATTI mode before liftoff, basically disabling GPS and not letting the phantom know where it is.

I think it will only detect the airport restriction when in GPS mode. But that is only if the particular airport is in the DJI airports database which is FAR from complete. I have a very large airport (commercial jets) not far from me which does not show up on the DJI airport restricted airspace.

Wow, I am surprised he was not caught. This idiot needs to go to jail! I was talking to a friend who is a ATC at our local joint Military/Civilian airport, He told me they just installed a radar system that will pick up the small UAV's & they will not hesitate looking for those who want to do stupid things.

Going to the link inside the video shows that he has multiple flights over the airport. What an ***!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.