"Don't fly drones here" LINK TO A MAP

Reaction score
https://www.mapbox.com/drone/no-fly/

I just swiped this from: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31584

Compliments of txdan2010
We pull the no fly zone map data from an open source MapBox project.
This data is aggregated from NPS, US Military Data, and the FAA. The map includes both permanent and temporary restrictions.

Thanks txdan2010, don't leave your wallet laying around. I may heist that too. ;)

Thats pretty cool.
I was looking at the DJI App with a APK decompiler the other day (just an app I downloaded for the phone.. dex.. something or other it was called.. as I couldn't get the windows ones to work)
anyways.. the DJI App seems to have a list of the no fly zones for every where in the world in it as well.. If some one was interested/bored they could parse the data out of the file and map it.

Hey justin00,

Is this the DJI map you are referring to?
http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

The DJI site seems to be lacking.

Does anyone know if the "DJI No FLY Zones" is only meant to show what is programmed into the Phantom 2 series? I'm flying the FC40 and am not up on the P2 information.

I did send DJI an email asking if they will add more airports and other no fly zones to the "FLY-SAFE" page.

I fly, The new app Hover that one of the members is designing for the iphone has this map on it too. I is one of the cool features to really see how close to those locations you really are. :D

I have a few questions when we're talking about no fly zones....I live near a naval base that has flights going to and from it daily with military aircraft.....when flying my vision 2 this past weekend for the first time ever ....I couldn't get it to go above 400 feet..i kept receiving an error message stating something about maximum height reached..I know I know what you're thinking but I knew for a fact that there was no flights this day and I was just wondering if because I was this close to the naval base is that why I can't go above 400' or is the drone just now allowed to fly above that anywhere? thanks for any help!~Chris

Chris, The only thing I could think is something in the software.

Have you checked to see if you're within a no-fly zone?

Altitude will be restricted to varying altitudes depending on your proximity to many airfields.

If your more than 5 miles form the base you mentioned then likely it's because your limit is set to 400' in the firmware.

You can set both altitude and distance (from take off point) limits with the Phantom 2 Assistant.

Lol I didn't know there was a map already, thanks for that.
But yeah.. that looks like the same info that is loaded into the DJI App.. I guess its used to display the no fly zones on the apps map.

*edit* Hmmm I just loaded up DJI app and scrolled to Melbourne airport in Aus... I assumed there would be a no fly marking or something around the airport on the map.. nothing though.. That is kinda boring... Is that what happens when the Phantom is powered on ? It just doesn't let you fly ?? Or does it display the no fly boundaries on the map, as I wrongly assumed..?

IflyinWY said:
Hey justin00,

Is this the DJI map you are referring to?

The DJI site seems to be lacking.

Does anyone know if the "DJI No FLY Zones" is only meant to show what is programmed into the Phantom 2 series? I'm flying the FC40 and am not up on the P2 information.

I did send DJI an email asking if they will add more airports and other no fly zones to the "FLY-SAFE" page.

it only has large airports. There are 3 smaller airports near me that are not on it.

My local airport is there and it's not on DJIs map. There are a bunch of other small airports near me that ARENT on this map, but it's a good start. I am about 5 miles from my local airport, flying a Phantom 2 non-vision. I can fly as high as I want (but don't), so this airport isn't in the DJI software. My house IS in the restricted zone on this map. It also shows the St. Croix river, which is a National Park along its full length. We do fly there, though and have never been bugged by the DNR.
Anyway, this map is a good indication of no fly zones, even though it's still missing a lot of local airports. It is NOT an indication of what the DJI software restricts...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20