Dont fly around transmitters. My first crash

1#
Hi everyone.

i wanted make video about huge transmitter. It was a big mistake.

dont copy my stupid fault.

Good luck to all-

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hi. Sorry for your crash. Why did you named this clip as Phantom 3A, while you talking about P two(2) in you speak? Jus wondering.

Sorry about your bird Dovivan and that was a nice video, and a real cool tower. And guy's, never mind the math towers may cause problems just like driving on the wrong side of the road, do you drive on the other side? Why risk it, there is lots of cool places to video besides towers.

Reactions: Dovivan
Sorry about your crash. Can I ask you what kind of damages did your drone get, maybe some pictures?

My guess is that the landing gear (the legs) broke. Did the camera survive? I had many crashes with my previous drone (a Cheerson CX-20) and the first thing that I ruined was the shell of course.

In case you are looking for spare parts, on this website you can find an original Phantom 3 shell for 75 USD (as expected, quite expensive stuff... I guess from DJI store is costs even more), landing gear for 15 USD.

Cheers and good luck repairing your drone. I just crashed mine in the salt water, took it out a few seconds after, but it was too late: totaled :(

So Phantoms are useless for tower inspections services???

Depends on the tower, and what is running, but unfortunately, not many remotely controlled devices are likely to be hardened enough to survive high-power microwave beams.

Reactions: HawkeyeImaging
Depends on the tower, and what is running, but unfortunately, not many remotely controlled devices are likely to be hardened enough to survive high-power microwave beams.
So what's with all these companies, including DJI that push rigs for just this type of business with prices anywhere from $1000 to $100k+? Guess I better just stick to mapping and shooting construction sites! :)

Inspections can be coordinated with other forms of PM when power may be suspended or reduced for such purposes. As far as the 'unauthorized'?, you take your chances if not familiar with the types of radiation present.

Inspections can be coordinated with other forms of PM when power may be suspended or reduced for such purposes. As far as the 'unauthorized'?, you take your chances if not familiar with the types of radiation present.
Makes perfect sense! I'm sure whenever they do maintenance or want something like this done they reduce or completely suspend power for this like you said!

The tower showed by OP, is not a microwave RF trasmitter, it is MW (top white-red, around 1200Khz) and FM radio (around 100Mhz, collinear panels) for 90° beam coverage. What's happen in this case is that very high power (that kind of antennas can handle to 10-50KW) is blinding chip clock signal and one or more of them get stuck. The behavior is unpredictable and depends by what chip is warped, but the more sensible chips are in P3 RX section (they works with 25-50Mhz clocks) and compass. As you can see, ambarella chip had no problem in the strong RF field working fine until crash and beyond... !.
Remember that the RF field strength decreases with the square of the distance from the antenna, but I will not do this kind of footage anyway unless no power is applied to the antenna system.
Cell (or microwave) tower are completely different stuff, and most of them works with relative low power, around 25W maximum.

So Phantoms are useless for tower inspections services???

I could fly my old P2 anywhere:

Given how sensitive, or defective my P3 A compass is, I'd never take near anything. The nav and communication systems has some design flaws in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't know much about transmission antennas but that sucker looked really powerful , I'd be worried flying within a mile of that beast never mind right next to it...

Or just be sure the tower is not transmitting, then you can get great footage!
Wow awsome video...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers