Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

" don't do that " thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boglll, Aug 30, 2015.

1. boglll

Hi, I was just practicing around when a saw a stork landing on a pole some 300 m. far...What beautiful pictures to take! Unfortunately perspective from a phone can be tricky and I ended up this way.
    So I suggest to open a new thread, something like "dronetiquette", with do's and don't ( is it written this way?) when flying.
    Don't 1: do not disturb birds

Cheers

2. RoyVa

The sound of the drone alone either scares the birds away or causes them in some instance to atack the drone. Birds can be tricky shots from a quad. For those, it's best to use a hand held camera and long range lense.i know of a few pilots that have had crashes due to getting to close to birds nesting. My self I love those shots but avoid them due to the possible consequences.

#2 RoyVa, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  3. Adrian Shaw

I try to stay away from birds, especially BIG ones as they can easily bring down a small quad copter like the P3. If the bird flew towards the 'copter instead of away, you may have had a different outcome.

4. DreamsHD

Don't #2: Try to look cool and pro and dumb by barely skimming the water with the landing gear

BigAl07 likes this.