Don't buy cheap cases for your drone

kenjancef, I bought one of these for my Black Pearl.

I use this Quick Release mount for my Black Pearl. At first, I didn't know if I wanted to spend $30+ for a piece of plastic, but this mount changed my life. It goes together and comes apart quickly, and holds my Black Pearl securely. It enables me to carry my P2 H3-3D in my P2V+ backpack with very minor modification.

FPV Quick Release B09 Black Pearl Monitor Holder Mount DJI MR Droneworx

Hard backpack does not have enough carry capacity.
I opted for the soft pack purely on the basis of capacity. Straps started ripping as shown in your pics. I used Gaffa Tape to repair. Works fine.View attachment 33721

FREE Backpack, no foam.

I got one of these cheap backpacks from a buddy who crashed his P1 and gave up the hobby. First thing I did was pull the foam out and adapt it to a Fieldline Tactical Pack that serves me well. For my kind of travel, I wanted a more robust, custom pack.

If you want the black backpack without the foam, it's yours for the price of the postage. It's balled up in a closet, but otherwise in new condition.

kenjancef, I bought one of these for my Black Pearl.

I use this Quick Release mount for my Black Pearl. At first, I didn't know if I wanted to spend $30+ for a piece of plastic, but this mount changed my life. It goes together and comes apart quickly, and holds my Black Pearl securely. It enables me to carry my P2 H3-3D in my P2V+ backpack with very minor modification.

FPV Quick Release B09 Black Pearl Monitor Holder Mount DJI MR Droneworx

This is the one I use now, luckily I have access to a 3D printer:

DJI Controller Flysight Black Pearl Mount

It seems to fit well, but not sure if I want to keep taking it off/putting it on. Maybe I can find that one somewhere to print it.

Thanks for the link.

Love my hardshell DJI case. At the local Drones+ store they have several backpacks, many soft ones that are like $300+!! The soft ones didn't appear to be very protective at all, though they look badass and high quality. I love the hardshell, it can get thrown in the back of my van with all the luggage and no worries. I keep 2 sets of prop blades in there as well. Even the iPad can be tucked behind the foam.

Eddy....I see in an earlier post that you boutht an ipad mini for your P3 standard...where did you get the holder for the mini that fits your P3 and how
does it attach?? Did you get the mini just to improve the visual??
Stuart

Eddy....I see in an earlier post that you boutht an ipad mini for your P3 standard...where did you get the holder for the mini that fits your P3 and how
does it attach?? Did you get the mini just to improve the visual??
Stuart

Hello Stuart,

iPad mini does not need a separate holder but stock one is ok.

I bought iPad mini because it fits to standard holder and because I had many problems with initial Go app version for android.

Now I use both iPad for Go and Samsung Galaxy tab for Litchi.

Eddy
I saw a lot of negative feedback with android and Go....I am on
IOS and no problems....
Thought the iPad mini was too big for the standard holder...will
check that out....was just looking for bigger screen....kinda hard
to see the little iPhone....
Do you have a P3Standard?....I thought litchi didn't work with standard...
not all that familiar with litchi just read about it recently......
Fly on....
Stuart

I don't use anymore the GO app with Android, but only with iPad Mini.

Recently I bought Litchi and i made 2 test flights with my 10" Samsung Tab and it was very smooth.
As Litchi offers many functions and the ability to make offline the flightplan with all the details without burninng your battery.

I have a P3Pro, if you want you can see an aerial reel here:

Reactions: Stinch
I don't think I'd mind a soft case. I don't plan on traveling with it, I just need something to make it easier to carry the bird, and all the crap that goes with it.. :)
Lowepro bro :)
IMG_1869.JPG
I Luv's it :)

My son is 8, so I'd have a hard time carrying him under my arm... although I bet he'd enjoy it! D'OH!
My grand goes with me and he's 8 :)
month's :eek:

Reactions: Mike Drone7
Lowepro bro :)
View attachment 37154 I Luv's it :)
This has been my go to carrier for each drone I have. I have either hard cases or backpacks for each, but this by far is the best case for just going from home to a flying site when all your doing is hauling it in your vehicle. I bought one of these and it will hold every drone but the Yuneec.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4