DON'T buy Bangood.com DJI battery for Phantom 3

I see that people are still buying non-DJI batteries and trying to use them with the DJI GO App. A fellow Phantom user had ordered two batteries from China. He tried the first one and received the notice that a "Non-DJI Battery was detected". He contacted eBay and eBay opened a complaint and had the guys money refunded. Not because of the battery not working, but because the battery had arrived 3 weeks after due date. He gave me one of the batteries to use in a video.

The reason I did a video is because the word has to get out there so that other Phantom users don't spend their dollars buying a paperweight. Or they could just pay and use the Litichi app to get around the problem... for now, until Litichi is forced to do the same thing under request from DJI.

Here is my very short vid:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I see that people are still buying non-DJI batteries and trying to use them with the DJI GO App. A fellow Phantom user had ordered two batteries from China. He tried the first one and received the notice that a "Non-DJI Battery was detected". He contacted eBay and eBay opened a complaint and had the guys money refunded. Not because of the battery not working, but because the battery had arrived 3 weeks after due date. He gave me one of the batteries to use in a video.

The reason I did a video is because the word has to get out there so that other Phantom users don't spend their dollars buying a paperweight. Or they could just pay and use the Litichi app to get around the problem... for now, until Litichi is forced to do the same thing under request from DJI.

Here is my very short vid:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You might want to reconsider the title of your video. That isn't a DJI battery fail...it is a Chinese knock-off fail. Technically, you could be sued for liable with the title as is.

The title was purposely put that way. I do clearly state in the vid that it's a non-DJI battery.

I'm still a bit upset that DJI previously permitted 3rd party batteries for 3 generations of Phantoms and then suddenly turned it off. Plenty of consumers are not impressed. There was a better way to handle this. The unfortunate part is that people are unknowingly still buying these batteries.

If DJI has a problem with my vid... then bring it on baby!

Dumb.jpg

Facebook/YouTube...same difference...Misleading title, intentional at that.

Is this a legit DJI battery?
Yes.

There are a lot of sellers for that item on Amazon. Amazon will automatically point you to the best deal -- which changes all of the time as sellers change their prices. If you want to be 100% sure you're buying from a good seller, then buy from an authorized DJI dealer (e.g. RotorLogic).

I bought my DJI battery, same price off BuyDig where I got the drone from. The Chinese knockoff I got from Bangood.com. The knockoff seems to be a decent battery so far when used with the Litchi app, but after dealing with Bangood customer service as well as the ship time, I cannot recommend them as a seller.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.