Done some Mods

Reaction score
Had my fc 40 for about a month and love it, received my aerial freaks cyclops gimbal today and fitted it. Short flight in the back yard went well. Also purchased a couple 4000mha turnigy batteries from hobbie king. So I'm looking forward to a good test flight tomorrow.

Will post some pics tomorrow, had a test flight today and was impressed with the gimbal. Video footage is excellent. My 4000mah battery's went well also. Fully loaded with the gimbal, larger battery and prop gaurds,flying with a set of battered carbon fibre props, I got roughly 14mins out of each battery.
Only disappointment was I found that I get better range in fpv with the missus Samsung note 3, my iPhone 5s just drops out

Would you mind letting us know, at what elevation (above sea level) you have been flying?

I've been flying the same, I think, 4000 turnigy battery and have reached 11 minutes with just the stock camera. Pretty sure the 6,000 feet above sea level starting point is reducing my flight times quite a bit.

Looking forward to your pics. :cool:

Lonelycruiser_au said:
Will post some pics tomorrow, had a test flight today and was impressed with the gimbal. Video footage is excellent. My 4000mah battery's went well also. Fully loaded with the gimbal, larger battery and prop gaurds,flying with a set of battered carbon fibre props, I got roughly 14mins out of each battery.
Only disappointment was I found that I get better range in fpv with the missus Samsung note 3, my iPhone 5s just drops out

I would bet with some vision props instead of the Carbon fiber you would get even better flight times.

Perth Western Australia is only about 10 meters above sea level.
Disappointed this morning I found my dji lipo charger has died after charging my 4000mah battery, have to go and find a unit with higher current output.
I have a set of vision props coming in the next week or so

Lonelycruiser_au said:
Perth Western Australia is only about 10 meters above sea level.
Disappointed this morning I found my dji lipo charger has died after charging my 4000mah battery, have to go and find a unit with higher current output.
I have a set of vision props coming in the next week or so

Thanks for the elevation info.
I've been charging mine at 3 amps and they seem to work pretty well. Then again, I don't have anything but the 2700s to compare with.

I had an issue with the balance wires at the charger end. The insulation was breaking and the wires would have broken soon, could have been the power pole or the 4 wheeler. I do wish they would quit running into my quad. ;) Anyway, I needed to work on the connections.

How did you test the charger? Things get pretty beat up around here and I should be keeping an eye on my chargers.

Pictures as promised

Attachments

• Phantom 1.jpg
    Phantom 1.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 464
  • phantom 2.jpg
    phantom 2.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 521
  • Turnigy multistar 4.0.jpg
    Turnigy multistar 4.0.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 571
Cool, but what happened to the battery wires?

Should we see what happened to the other end or did you manage to stuff them inside before the battery?

Is that a stock battery door? I took mine off to fit that battery.

So many questions. :D

OK, Installed battery wires first, tucked them in to the left side of the compartment.
I did get the dremel out and shave a bit from the bottom and the top of the opening. Still using the standard door( have ordered a big door not sure I need I now). I ordered to of these batteries and they both fit , little tight to get in and out thou.
here's a shot vid of the flight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTZnL5lMwSY&feature=youtu.be

Your new gimbal seemed to work pretty well in the video. :D

I've noticed a significant increase in flight time with this 4000 mAh battery if it is not worked real hard as it gets low. I can get a red flashing light, start flying nice and easy, and keep going for a few minutes. It's like driving a car with a fuel pump that can't keep up when you're foot is to the floor. My imagination or do other folks notice this too?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20