Dominator V2 with HDMI Module

Reaction score
I bought the FS Dominator V2 about 2 month ago anticipating the HDMI upgrade from DJI. I just received the HDMI upgrade and was shock that it did not work. I was thinking it could be a number of reasons such as defective HDMI cable I just got yesterday from B&H, or HDMI module or FS HDMI input. Not being able to test I search and found a post that said the Dom V2 and the Dom HD will not work because the module's output is 720p and both of these goggles cannot support that resolution. What the $@%$!%!% How come I've read so many posts on FPV goggle recommendations but never ran across anyone pointing this out until now. I guess it's so obvious to most it was never discussed. Is there any way to downgrade the signal without buying and using an external converter of some sort. I'm sorry if this has been discussed on here but I can't seem to locate a thread.
Thanks for any help.

I bought the FS Dominator V2 about 2 month ago anticipating the HDMI upgrade from DJI. I just received the HDMI upgrade and was shock that it did not work. I was thinking it could be a number of reasons such as defective HDMI cable I just got yesterday from B&H, or HDMI module or FS HDMI input. Not being able to test I search and found a post that said the Dom V2 and the Dom HD will not work because the module's output is 720p and both of these goggles cannot support that resolution. What the $@%$!%!% How come I've read so many posts on FPV goggle recommendations but never ran across anyone pointing this out until now. I guess it's so obvious to most it was never discussed. Is there any way to downgrade the signal without buying and using an external converter of some sort. I'm sorry if this has been discussed on here but I can't seem to locate a thread.
Thanks for any help.
The Dom HDs work, just the Dom V2's wont. Tons of discussion about FPV goggles on this forum. Here's a link to a discussion about which of the FS will work w/ the HDMI board (I just searched for Dominator V2): FPV Glasses? | DJI Phantom Forum

To answer your question, no. It's always 720p. Return them and either get the HDs or the new version from FS that support the P3/Inspire.

Last edited:
Thanks for the confirmation. I just ran across a post on here saying that the goggle (Dom V2) were returned defective because of the dreaded "white screen" which is what I get with incompatible video resolution. I guess they are misinformed. bummer spending $325 for nothing. Threw the box out too so return won't be easy pr possible.

I don't suppose there is any chance of a FW update with means of switching to lower resolution video output?

As has been mentioned, the Dom V2's will not support the 720p output from the HDMI board.

Your best source of information will be on boards such as RCG and FPVLab. The information is very current. The Don V2's are very popular but it has been long understood that they are not a match for the P3 or I1 HDMI output.

The Dom HD's will work fine, as will the HeadPlay and Cinemizer goggles, among others.

Next month FatSHark will be releasing the new Don V3 goggles which are designed to support the DJI HDMI board and have a nearly identical aspect ratio (15:9).

A few vendors are still accepting pre-orders for the Dom V3's which will be selling for $350 with a new integrated face-plate with integrated fan.

The new Dom HD V2's are expected to be released after the Dom V3's.

Here is but one of many threads on this subject:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2472675

:harry

Thanks Harry. It appears that there is a work around using a HDMI2VA module at under $10 but that option requires a cheap portable USB power supply as well as more cables to go from RCA to micro HDMI to the goggles. This option while workable seems like too much auxiliary gear to manage so for the long term I'll be selling the unused Dom V2 to buy the V3 that's coming out.

For those interested here are the links to the converter sold on Ebay and Youtube video of the workaround

hdmi2av converter in "TV, Video and Home Audio Electronics " | eBay

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4