Dog attacked my DJIP2V+. Camera jerking & the ribbon is bent

Reaction score
The other day a dog attacked my DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus when I was attempting to take off. The dog simply came from behind me by surprise and grabbed my drone and turned it upside down. This is my brothers dog and I take blame for the dog as the dog was having fun chasing my drone just before this happened. It was stupid of me not making sure the dog was secure before attempting to take off. The dog really didn’t do much to it to do any kind of damage. But after it happened, I noticed the camera doing a sort of break dance motion. It wouldn't stop so I went on youtube to find out if there was a fix. The following video are the instructions I followed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3Ii1i3-x3I From the person on the YouTube shows taking the back panel off and making sure the rod was properly aligned would fix the problem, so I did that. I then turned the drone back on and it was still doing the jittery movement as before. I then watched a video speaking of the cable/ribbon may be bent or somehow damaged. So I took off the cable protector that I purchased off that is supposed to protect the ribbon but the ribbon was damaged. I found this to be impossible because the ribbon protector which covers the ribbon is to protect the ribbon. Looking at the ribbon it looks like the cover is what damaged the ribbon when I slide the cover over the ribbon and the cover made a connection with the ribbon pushing the ribbon downwards from the shape of the ribbon? I am going to take a couple of photo’s hoping someone here with knowledge on this matter can give me some advise on this to see if you I'm right or not. The first photo below shows the ribbon cover on and the second photo shows the cover as I pulled it off. Someone, would you PLMK what I should do?
Thank you very much in advance for your time,
Tommy

Re: Dog attacked my DJIP2V+. Camera jerking & the ribbon is

You need to replace the ribbon cable at this point and you could have broken potentiometer. These things are repairable and run $150. Those ribbon cable protectors are more trouble than they are worth. I repaired a dozen last week.

Shoot me a PM.

Jeremy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31