Does your remote / transmitter beep twice or once?

Reaction score
Just trying to mythbust the CE + FCC pot knob.

Does anyone have theirs in CE and transmitter still beeps twice?
Does anyone have a transmitter that actually beeps once?
I am sure that all transmitters in the plus series beep twice when powered on.

Mine beeps twice. Does yours?

harbourside said:
The transmitter bleeps once for CE and twice for FCC Mode, there is no myth to bust......
So you have actually tested this harbourside? Mine came out of the box beeping twice. But when I connected it to the RC assistant, the software showed it was set to CE. So I selected FCC and never looked back. I never tested it setting to CE in the software. It definitely flies with FCC range. I have never heard anyone saying theirs beeps once on this forum either.

Yes, the pot on the back will override the assistant.
Mine was (is) in CE one bleep as I am in the UK, most of this forum seem to be from the land of the free so it would have been in FCC two bleeps from the start.

Mine also beeps once so in CE mode as i'm in the UK, i did quickly test FCC by turning the pot and clicking the box in the assistant and it worked/beeped twice perfectly but now back to CE. :D

4wd said:
The FCC mode power output is not illegal in the UK, not sure about other EU countries, some may want it lower so the European model out of box power is reduced.

Yes it is, as stated on the Ofcom website.

IR 2030 sets out the criteria that must be met by certain short range devices, in order to qualify for exemption from the need for a licence. It provides for devices that operate on 5.8 GHz (IR2030/1/23 on page 21) and permits airborne use though radiated power must not exceed 25 mW EIRP. We believe that this could cover video cameras.

Using radio without being properly authorised by Ofcom significantly increases the risk of harmful interference to other uses. This is partic­u­lar­ly true of airborne use, as the ‘footprint’ of a signal from an airborne transmitter can affect a larger number of ground users. The maximum penalty for the unauthorised use of radio is a fine of £5,000 and/or a prison sentence. The courts may also order forfeit any thing used in connection with the offence.

Anyone proposing to operate unmanned aircraft or systems (such as model aircraft or drones) should also consult the Civil Aviation Authority, who have published guidance in CAP 722

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20