Does wifi signal booster really do anything?

Reaction score
I am planning to get it for my p3s but read a lot of rumors that it barely adds up signal. Mine goes away for 400 meters no problem, but alltitude 120 it already loses me. Will wifi signal booster work?

Check that you have the remote controller antenna positioned properly.

Reactions: ShoRotten
how much more space can wifi signal booster give me?
Per DJI's specs, you can reach 1,000m (500m CE) under the most ideal conditions. If you're in a wide open area with absolutely no interference, you might even be able to reach beyond that.

Per DJI's specs, you can reach 1,000m (500m CE) under the most ideal conditions. If you're in a wide open area with absolutely no interference, you might even be able to reach beyond that.
So in the same park, it might not give me better results, am i correct?

P.s. btw on that link it does say that maximum altitude is 120m...so its true? :((

btw on that link it does say that maximum altitude is 120m...so its true?
Yep. That's the default maximum altitude. You must change it in the DJI GO app while your remote controller is connected to your Phantom.

DJI GO - Max Altitude.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. That's the default maximum altitude. You must change it in the DJI GO app while your remote controller is connected to your Phantom.
I see. I thought it wasnt adjustable.

Sorry for repearig but, the wifi booster wont give me better results in the same park, as i understand.?

I think you will find that 120m is the max altitude of the standard even if you change it in the app it will only go 120m You can only change it in the app because of the advance and pro model.

Oh ok, that's good to know I have a standard going under the tree for me this year but I read the dji site that it would max go up 120m, thank you for clearing this up for me.

I have just had another look and while both do say software limit 120m, only he standard does also say max 120m on the other specs of the phantom, so that is still making me think this 120m is set on the standard aswell.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl