Does wifi really matter!?!?!?

FPVLR said:
guys, the u.fl connectors are very delicate, and ruining a cable is too easy, you just look at it the wrong way and it's done.

To insure a good install, remove all the junk under the board, including all copper tape and square patch antennas.

I like to start with a clean extender.

The most important thing is when you place the u.fl connectors over the male ones on the board, you need to really center it prior to pushing, and if it does not snap in place, pushing too hard can ruin the cable. 99% of all issues are fixed by replacing the u.fl cables.

what is the copper tape? is that the shield that the re700 uses under the board? and what square patch antennas do you mean? and if both of the u.fl connector cables are bad why am I still getting FPV?

1st_time_flyer said:
FPVLR said:
guys, the u.fl connectors are very delicate, and ruining a cable is too easy, you just look at it the wrong way and it's done.

To insure a good install, remove all the junk under the board, including all copper tape and square patch antennas.

The most important thing is when you place the u.fl connectors over the male ones on the board, you need to really center it prior to pushing, and if it does not snap in place, pushing too hard can ruin the cable. 99% of all issues are fixed by replacing the u.fl cables.

what is the copper tape? is that the shield that the re700 uses under the board? and what square patch antennas do you mean? and if both of the u.fl connector cables are bad why am I still getting FPV?
It looks like a little blanket under everything inside and will add some pictures when my cables get here today when I redo mine ;)
Also maybe only one of your cables are bad if cables are the issue with yours .

dirkclod said:
1st_time_flyer said:
FPVLR said:

It looks like a little blanket under everything inside and will add some pictures when my cables get here today when I redo mine ;)
Also maybe only one of your cables are bad if cables are the issue with yours .

so maybe only one is producing the image and the other isn't? gotcha... you going to remove your little security blanket under your board as well? what is it even there for?

UPDATE = 1st_time_flyer I finally got my shorter cables in this morning and did the redo . I did strip all out of the extender as Tony said he did and changed my cables like in this picture .
Was very breezy but did try it out and then took screenshot at my farthest point and just turned around and came on back in . FPV was perfect the whole way but will have to wait till not so windy to see if it really helped or not on getting more than 8400' and will post back when I do .

Attachments

• cableinstall-500x500.jpg
    cableinstall-500x500.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 336
  • REDO.PNG
    REDO.PNG
    736.7 KB · Views: 325

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads