Does wifi really matter!?!?!?

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have a quick question. I received my Stage 2 upgrade from fpvlr and i must say the quality is incredible.....I am a little disappointed in the lack of improvement that i'm seeeing in "FPV".....with the re700 and the phantom vision I was achieving 1,000 feet no problem......now with the stage 2 upgrade I am getting about 1,200 feet and the wifi cuts in and out more often now than it did with the phantom stock.......I am flying from the end of my cul-de-sac where I live out into open desert......I was reading online about some people being able to achieve thousands of more feet than what I am seeing with my upgrade.....? what am i missing here? i'm guessing the neighborhoods all around me have wifi in their homes....but wouldn't i be able to at least see more than just an extra couple hundred feet with this upgrade? thanks for any help!~Chris

What do you have your Preview Quality set at in your app ? If it's high set it to 320x240 15fps and see if that helps .

:D
I take it you did pilots side?

I put 1 small 2.4 cloverleaf on the camera side and got better improvement.

And what Dirkclod suggested. He's a Legend. :cool:

MHL

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 756
Fplvert said:

MHL
:lol: ... I Think :shock:

Fplvert said:

MHL

168.00 for just 200 more feet? I see people getting a mile with this upgrade…

You can add the bird side FPVLR's for a little less and I have got 1.5 with those so far with FPV and Happy has got 10000" with his . It really depends what ya want to do . I don't need that much distance but it's nice to beable to go 3 or 4 thousand feet and turn around and never lose FPV .

Just verified the preview is set to 320x240 @15fps. Still feel like I should be getting more distance in fpv out of this. Is there some kind of interference I'm not seeing here?

Something is not right as you should be getting way better than that . I do have to be up a good bit to get good range . Are you staying low ?

So if the goal is to maintain FPV for the stock flying distance of a P2V, what is the cheapest and best bang for the buck.

dirkclod said:
Something is not right as you should be getting way better than that . I do have to be up a good bit to get good range . Are you staying low ?
+1

blackwolfk9 said:
So if the goal is to maintain FPV for the stock flying distance of a P2V, what is the cheapest and best bang for the buck.
I still say the RE700 is . JMO ;)

blackwolfk9 said:
The range extender or RE-700 alone will make a big difference. I gained several hundred feet with testing mine before I made any antenna mods to it.

Happyflyer said:
blackwolfk9 said:
The range extender or RE-700 alone will make a big difference. I gained several hundred feet with testing mine before I made any antenna mods to it.
Is the range extender the software app?

No the RE500 is your range extender on the controller handle . Ya just change it to the RE700 which is what the P2V+ uses .

dirkclod said:
No the RE500 is your range extender on the controller handle . Ya just change it to the RE700 which is what the P2V+ uses .

thanks, sorry to ask so many stupid questions.

1st_time_flyer said:
blackwolfk9 said:
Couldn't you start your own thread?

I tried to on antenna's and did not get one reply. I asked if someone could explain all the antennas on the Phantom, Wifi Extender, Controller, Camera and how they relate/work with each other.

blackwolfk9 said:
1st_time_flyer said:
blackwolfk9 said:
Couldn't you start your own thread?

I tried to on antenna's and did not get one reply. I asked if someone could explain all the antennas on the Phantom, Wifi Extender, Controller, Camera and how they relate/work with each other.
Controller antenna goes to Phantom
Extender to camera and phone app .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20