Does using the TX on a low charge have any effect on performance/range?

Reaction score
Low charge here would mean a percentage below 50%.

Because during my last flight, the TX was at about 46% charge and I mysteriously got weak RC signal + weak image transmission messages at the 1km mark at a usual spot with windsurfers on which prompted me to go back as I was afraid and I find that rather odd given that the last time I flew past the 1km mark at the same spot without having windsurfers on and it kept going and going and going with full signal.

Last edited:
I've never heard of a transmitter at 46% charge. That sounds like the aircraft battery.

Re the weak transmission messages, could it be you weren't pointing the windsurfer correctly?

I've never heard of a transmitter at 46% charge. That sounds like the aircraft battery.

Re the weak transmission messages, could it be you weren't pointing the windsurfer correctly?

I took off at 100% for the aircraft battery. TX was at 46%. If i wasn't pointing it correctly wouldn't I get the low signal message even earlier?

The voltage to the circuitry is regulated down to about 3.3vdc. So rated power is not affected until you get a low battery warning.

1) Okay.

2) No. Windsurfers are directional but there will still be some RF leaking out to the sides and behind you. But once you make some distance, aiming is important.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers