Does this NoFlyZone website really work?

Reaction score
https://www.noflyzone.org/

they say if you give your address, it will be passed on to manufacturers for adding to their firmware...

anyone have any experience with this?

thanks

Don't really see DJI or any other manufacturer cutting its own throat with this.

I really hope that is a joke, but it probably is not in this bizarre world.

"We do our best to prevent abuse. We only permit people to register one address per e-mail address"
o_O

The joke is on NoflyZone.org and the people who provide personal information to a private company which has no standing with any significant drone manufacturer.

Why do you ask? Do you have one of these dangerous weapons of death flying over your house?

When the database eventually is leaked, the people that have registered on the site will suddenly find "their" airspaces filled with trolling drones. :D

The joke is on NoflyZone.org and the people who provide personal information to a private company which has no standing with any significant drone manufacturer.

Why do you ask? Do you have one of these dangerous weapons of death flying over your house?

i don't disagree with the giving away personal info...

if you paid attention Steve you would have realized sometimes i support you, sometimes i disagree. needless to say, you don't know me or remember but we have had words ;)

it;s all good, my self worth is founded in other things than argumentative people remembering me on the internet. btw, before you get upset and retaliate, i am like you. i speak the the truth, if you can't handle it, that's on you...

thanks bud... no offense taken, non intended...

When the database eventually is leaked, the people that have registered on the site will suddenly find "their" airspaces filled with trolling drones. :D

lol, no doubt.

where is anonymous????

i don't disagree with the giving away personal info...

if you paid attention Steve you would have realized sometimes i support you, sometimes i disagree. needless to say, you don't know me or remember but we have had words ;)

it;s all good, my self worth is founded in other things than argumentative people remembering me on the internet. btw, before you get upset and retaliate, i am like you. i speak the the truth, if you can't handle it, that's on you...

thanks bud... no offense taken, non intended...
No insult was intended, I am really wondering why you ask? I was just in a flippant mood.

No insult was intended, I am really wondering why you ask? I was just in a flippant mood.

i'm in a flippant mood too, most of the time. lol...

why i ask what? about noflyzone?

just my introduction to such an idea, that's all...

i'm in a flippant mood too, most of the time. lol...

why i ask what? about noflyzone?

just my introduction to such an idea, that's all...
Again, sorry about the flip response - I really thought everyone on these forums had already seen the site. The site has been around for a few months and caused a bit of news until it was realized that none of the more popular manufacturers were going to come on board. It hasn't changed since it first came online, and when the domain name comes up for renewal, it will likely go away.

That database of addresses would be a goldmine to someone with fewer scruples than me. Build a box with a blinking light on it and an antenna, label it as a "NoFlyZone Drone Interceptor", and sell it for $100. Of course it will say in the fine print that it will not work on all drones.

Nothing good can come from it except bad publicity.

Again, sorry about the flip response - I really thought everyone on these forums had already seen the site. The site has been around for a few months and caused a bit of news until it was realized that none of the more popular manufacturers were going to come on board. It hasn't changed since it first came online, and when the domain name comes up for renewal, it will likely go away.

That database of addresses would be a goldmine to someone with fewer scruples than me. Build a box with a blinking light on it and an antenna, label it as a "NoFlyZone Drone Interceptor", and sell it for $100. Of course it will say in the fine print that it will not work on all drones.

Nothing good can come from it except bad publicity.

no apology necessary, i will say something aggressive that will ruffle your feathers in the future...

my bad, i am new to phantoms, only been on the site a little over a month...

still learning, but loving this new found hobby.

i agree with most of your assessment, the whole idea was just new to me...

carry on...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl