does this look fine?

Reaction score
hi guys, here are some pictures to show you what i have done with the gps module and a video to show it working, problem is it is drifting slightly to the right.

hi guys, here are some pictures to show you what i have done with the gps module and a video to show it working, problem is it is drifting slightly to the right.

You need to center that board over the over the plastic standoffs then either cut black fiber shield off the the cable or slide over the connector as i see it has been modified. Another pilot had that shielding on his P2 and it came in contact with components on the board and shorted out the board.
GPS module 2.jpg

Reactions: froggy8
You need to center that board over the over the plastic standoffs then either cut black fiber shield off the the cable or slide over the connector as i see it has been modified. Another pilot had that shielding on his P2 and it came in contact with components on the board and shorted out the board.
View attachment 76492

i am very sorry but i dont understand what you mean by 'center that board over the plastic standoffs ' and 'slide over the connector'.

do you mean take the black cable off the gps board or put it back over the original copper shield?

it all sounds very technical, could you explain again please?

many thanks again for your help.

I think what he means is that you need to put the modded bit in the middle of the board. It's to much on one side causing weight distribution issues

Neon Euc

I think what he means is that you need to put the modded bit in the middle of the board. It's to much on one side causing weight distribution issues

Neon Euc

thank you for the reply

do you mean the gps module? that is the only modded bit i can think off

i have now moved the gps cable to one side, i think this is what Jason meant

still not sure how to center the board as there is only one way to screw the board on

i think i understand what Jason meant, i tighten one screw on one side so it wasnt levelled, i have now corrected it

i think i understand what Jason meant, i tighten one screw on one side so it wasnt levelled, i have now corrected it

Ok now the board is centered but you still need to remove that black covering on the cable as it is not necessary and can cause a short as in the photo i sent.

If that video hover flight outside was yours video you never had 6 or more satellites before lifted off by the flashing green and 2 red LEDs on the rear arms.

Ok now the board is centered but you still need to remove that black covering on the cable as it is not necessary and can cause a short as in the photo i sent.

If that video hover flight outside was yours video you never had 6 or more satellites before lifted off by the flashing green and 2 red LEDs on the rear arms.
thank you Jason

yes that was my first ever flight outside, was testing so didnt take it far. i have alot of trees around me so that was probably why the gps signal was poor.

i thought you said i could put the cable to the side so it wont touch any components?

thank you Jason

yes that was my first ever flight outside, was testing so didnt take it far. i have alot of trees around me so that was probably why the gps signal was poor.

i thought you said i could put the cable to the side so it wont touch any components?

That covering is not needed and was not used for long by DJI besides the wires are coded and the shielding is not needed.

thank you, i will remove the black covering now.

Trying to get a good GPS signal 6 or more under a canopy of trees can be difficult just like when you're in the house. To see how difficult it can be to achieve 6 or more satellites put the P2 on the wall that surround the lawn on the patio so you have good view rear LEDs. When the LEDs began to slowly flash green cover the top of the P2 with your hand to see what happens with the LEDs.

Trying to get a good GPS signal 6 or more under a canopy of trees can be difficult just like when you're in the house. To see how difficult it can be to achieve 6 or more satellites put the P2 on the wall that surround the lawn on the patio so you have good view rear LEDs. When the LEDs began to slowly flash green cover the top of the P2 with your hand to see what happens with the LEDs.

i have done that and it goes straight to red flashes

i have now removed the black cover

Well that looks better now reassemble it and have fun.

i have put a circle around the part i need, i think i might have tighten it too tight, it is tight but it should stop turning when i apply pressure

The allen wrench you are using may be slipping out of the screw as it is tight. Mine does the same thing when the screw is tight but with the tool i am using i can feel come out of the screw head as i turn the tool.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj