Does this increase range

Yes. There's someone here who just did a 3 mile (or was it 6 mile) run stock with antenna mods.

Either way there is a marked increase using any increased db antenna. I know there are some that are trying different antenna... unless you match what's on the phantom it's a waste of $. I have a TP 8db antenna that I haven't installed yet because it's huge! and after I bought it i see no reason to extend my range when I'll really never go there.

Maybe I'll just do it for piece of mind that I am sending a good signal strength ?

Extending the range of the phantom is a two edged sword.

The problem is that the regular setup has very good range and if you extend it you will probably loose video first and more importantly a multirotor has a limited flight time due to battery limitations. Sooo you may be able to fly farther BUT you may not be able to get back with enough battery.

Tom

tom3holer said:

The problem is that the regular setup has very good range and if you extend it you will probably loose video first and more importantly a multirotor has a limited flight time due to battery limitations. Sooo you may be able to fly farther BUT you may not be able to get back with enough battery.

Tom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJPBfUozR0

10K limit not bad. using antenna mod. helical on Rx and pinwheel on Tx.

i went out 3.8 miles but video was 1.3 and i used a windsurfer mod. much easier and cheaper then that mod. i came back and had 18% left. i have never gotten 5.8 to go over 2.2 miles i am sure people have just i can't figure it out.

hjscm said:
i went out 3.8 miles but video was 1.3 and i used a windsurfer mod. much easier and cheaper then that mod. i came back and had 18% left. i have never gotten 5.8 to go over 2.2 miles i am sure people have just i can't figure it out.
1.3 nice.

Antenna mod not expensive. 5.8 affordable. 1.3 is still expensive. And 10 km = 6.21 miles. Lol. Pinwheels and helicals

I found this online but haven't tried it out yet:

etupebyz.jpg

d4ddyo said:
tom3holer said:

Tom

The range was 5K.

Tom

tom3holer said:
d4ddyo said:
tom3holer said:

Tom

The range was 5K.

true... 5K on a phantom is not bad either... that's the extent of the battery limit.

Tom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.