Does this get removed?

Reaction score
While wiping down the P4 today, I noticed for the first time there's a piece of sticky plastic film on the bottom of the gimbal with an orange tab on it. First thought was to pull it off as usually orange means to remove, but then got thinking is it some type of protection on the bottom of the gimbal.
Here's the picture. Any suggestions?

2016-06-28 16.12.36.jpg

Yes, you can remove it.

There is not a consensus on this, even at DJI.

Some people think it should not be removed and it's to protect the gimbal from when it hits it (which it will) when it does a weird move.

There is not a consensus on this, even at DJI.

Some people think it should not be removed and it's to protect the gimbal from when it hits it (which it will) when it does a weird move.

I can't see how it could protect anything except from dust/debris

Well I think the first thing I did When I opened the box, removing the sticker

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: easydiggin
Will I think the first thing I did When I opened the box, removing the sticker

Me too.

WHAT???
You removed it??? That is like the mattress labels...never remove! Just in case you took it off, deny all your actions and fast crazy glue it back! :)

I think the little tag to help you grab it is a good indicator that it's meant to be pulled off. Just my opinion. I took mine off when I first pulled it out of the box.

Reactions: Sim597
WHAT???
You removed it??? That is like the mattress labels...never remove! Just in case you took it off, deny all your actions and fast crazy glue it back! :)

Hahaha that's funny

Leave it on, and keep it this way,

Because this gives another reason for dji customer support,

to use as an exuse, and cheat you out what warranties are owe to you.

They make you feel you broke on purpose. And play mind games with you

Im Tired of dealing with them

Sent from my nice iphone6s+

using PhantomPilots mobile app

Of course it's supposed to be removed, I mentioned the little tab before, as did another poster here.
It would be the first time ever, in the history of everything, that a plastic sticker/cover with A TAB to remove said piece, that it is supposed to be left on.

Again, are we getting back to us UAV guys being the most **** ppl on the planet?
And I too am a "UAV guy" so include me I guess

Leave it on, and keep it this way,

Because this gives another reason for dji customer support,

to use as an exuse, and cheat you out what warranties are owe to you.

They make you feel you broke on purpose. And play mind games with you

Im Tired of dealing with them

Sent from my nice iphone6s+

using PhantomPilots mobile app

What if OMG, what if your right?! And the conspiracy works against you then? What if they say "oh, well you left a clear covering piece we use in the manufacturing process on the gimbal support"
Oh, no that kinda blows your head clean off!

Joking Aside, if you've had to deal with them longer then say a terrible toothache, well then I feel for you, but this isn't customer service, this is basic common sense, it has a pull tab, it's protecting nothing, I love the guy that said its for static electricity! Lmao, only here, only the Phantom crowd would make a thing out of nothing, and it isn't all our fault, the way DJI operated perpetuates this exact type of confusion with their terrible history of saying one thing on Monday, by Friday it's something else.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic