Does the remote controller need to be drained before taking on airplane?

PLEASE READ THIS ALL THE WAY BEFORE YOU JUMP ON ME PLEASE

1st of all brother. Reduced air pressure would not effect the safety of a battery perse, 2nd an most important, that there is no significant reduced air pressure in the cargo section of an average commercial jet. If this was the case many families pets would of died, also no reduced O2 in these areas. Trust me on this one please.
No we are talking LIPo Lithium Polymer(which is in the Phantom) NOT Lithium Ion nor Lithium Metal.

Here is a facts taken direct from FAA not your blog, before you read this deals with all Lithium Batteries deemed dangerous for transport in aircraft hold. The Lithium Metal and the Lithium Ion.

Pack Safe – Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries, spare (uninstalled)

However, before I step on my ****, I checked with one of best friends who is Pilot with major airlines. He provided me with information that LIPO is safe in checked luggage, however new bulletins ect advised no Lithium period in cargo. Although the current info published by FAA is not up to date and does not address LIPO.
So I stand corrected, apoligize sir on the battery information.

Thanks Gunny.

I do know that the cargo hold is pressurized, however it and the main cabin are not pressurized to the standard at sea level but closer to 6K feet (this varies by airline). I'm travelling at the moment and can't look up the exact pressures.

LiPo are supposedly much more sensitive to heat/pressure than Li-Ion. So I believe erring on the side of caution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr