Does the Phantom 2 v2 have battery status on the controller?

Reaction score
Hey all! My Phantom 2 v2 should be arriving soon and I have one concern about battery life. Is there any easy way to tell (aside from checking the indicator on the battery pack) what the level of the battery is?

I'll be buying a FPV and iOSD setup sooner or later, but in the meantime I really wouldn't want it to drop out of the sky or unexpectedly RTH.

Re: Does the Phantom 2 v2 have battery status on the control

Without FPV and OSD, there is no way to accurately indicate the battery life left on the Phantom aside from a simple timer. Before I got my FPV & OSD, I used the timer on my iPhone. I usually underestimated the battery life to be on the conservative and save side. I typically would turn my P2 on, and then start a timer for 17 minutes. This is with an H3-3D and Hero 3. This always worked for me.

PS - the new remote control does have a battery indicator (4 LEDs), but that is for the new built-in lithium polymer battery. The older remote took AA batteries and did not have this indicator. Do not mistake this battery indicator for the P2's battery life. The RC's battery lasts many flights, so if you mistake this indicator for the P2's battery...you may be in trouble.

charleszink said:
Hey all! My Phantom 2 v2 should be arriving soon and I have one concern about battery life. Is there any easy way to tell (aside from checking the indicator on the battery pack) what the level of the battery is?

I'll be buying a FPV and iOSD setup sooner or later, but in the meantime I really wouldn't want it to drop out of the sky or unexpectedly RTH.

Looks like you'll be flying by the seat of your pants good luck. Be smart order iOSD and the rest of the equipment need for FPV. It's safer.

I also used a timer on my phone set at 14 minutes in windy situations or if flying hard and fast, 16 minutes if just coasting around. This is with H3-3D and gopro.

Aside from FPV/OSD, the main other way to get battery stats is to change the receiver and transmitter to a set that features 2-way telemetry communication.
Or get the Groundstation Data Link.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik