Does the Phantom 1 have the whitehouse No fly zones?

Reaction score
Does the Phantom 1 have the whitehouse no fly zones( as well as specified areas) or is that only for the newer DJI drones?

Thanks

I believe so - this is a map featuring no-fly zones for the P2 and older. No FLY Zones | DJI

Ok, thanks. I won't update the firmware then. I like to keep my options open especially if they decide to make the entire country a no fly zone.

I heard there are like 10,000 no fly zones and who is to say they won't expand it until virtually there is no place left to fly.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks. I won't update the firmware then. I like to keep my options open especially if they decide to make the entire country a no fly zone.

I heard there are like 10,000 no fly zones and who is to say they won't respond it until virtually there is no place left to fly.

Thanks.
Yeah... It's expanded quite a bit. Don't Fly Drones Here

Glad to help!

I have 3 P1s 1.1.1 . none of them have anything on them that alert you to or stop you from flying in no fly zones. .

You have the early software right? What is the current software? Like 3.80 or something?

You are running the older software? You are saying your firmware is 1.1.1?

Thanks.

Yeah... It's expanded quite a bit. Don't Fly Drones Here

Glad to help!

This is terrible!!!!!

Its not just the white house or airports, its almost every inch of where I live.

Check out Homestead in south Florida. Homestead is wide open rural area like big open fields and farm land. Probably the most idea place to fly a drone and the entire homestead area is considered a no fly list! WTF!!!!!! The Everglades park is just swamp lands as far as the eye can see and its completely on the no fly list. There is no buildings there, just literally swamp. You could not give away that land even if it were free.

I can't believe DJI would comply with these tyrants. This is must worse then just banning the white house, it looks like the trend is to ban the entire country.

I hope there are some hackers who can create a mod to remove these no fly list in the programming or some competitors who can make a equal or better drone without these no fly list.

The government hates drones more than anything and will probably stop at nothing to stop them. Its funny how much they love drone when only they had them but when Americans started getting drones, now they are scared. Funny how that works.

You have the early software right? What is the current software? Like 3.80 or something?

You are running the older software? You are saying your firmware is 1.1.1?

Thanks.
My P1s are the later models 1.1.1. The software ver on my first is 4.00 which I never upgraded. The other two are ver 4.02. The phantoms have two antennas on them and TX has the gimbal pitch control on back. Ver 4.02 is the latest as far as I know.

The Firmware version is now up to version 4.06 for P1 and the FC40. The P1's and FC40 cannot be programmed with No Fly Zones. That rule is only applicable to newer models like the P2, P2 Vision, and Vision plus. Older firmwares for those models do not have the No fly zone feature The P3 models automatically have the new rules. Here is an article on why DJI decided to build these rules into their firmware and probably why they stopped building the P1 series. If you notice in the article, its a P1 that crashed.

DJI Blocks Drone Flights in Washington DC After White House Crash - Robotics Trends

Figured I would add the Naza Software site for the latest software and updates:

Naza-M V2 - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair