Does the P3 Professional shoot in 16:9 for video

It's all done in the camera menu, of the Go app. Do you know how to access them?
Have you looked through it yet, and made all of your regional & preference settings already?
In Camera View, on the right side of the screen are the camera controls and there is a Blue Menu button on top. Tap that and on top see Video Size. Tap here and choose your format and picture definition.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
It's all done in the camera menu, of the Go app. Do you know how to access them?
Have you looked through it yet, and made all of your regional & preference settings already?

RedHotPoker
Hi I know under the camera settings you can change from 4:3 to 16:9 but I thought that only applied to photo settings and not video?

3840x2160
1920x1080

are ALWAYS 16:9 aspect ratios. Pixels are always square, so if you choose any of these formats you will get 16:9

You need to tap the little video camera icon on top and go into the video camera settings sub menu.

You are obviously in still camera mode. There is a second set of camera parameters, for video camera, a sub menu.
Have the Phantom, radio controller and Go app running when making any camera adjustments.
And check them after firmware or app updates, as they can often be rearranged, and need resetting.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
You are obviously in still camera mode. There is a second set of camera parameters, for video camera, a sub menu.

RedHotPoker

No, in the video there's no option for choosing aspect ratio specifically. You choose aspect ratio by choosing resolution. Like I said 3840x2160 and 1920x1080 are ALWAYS 16:9 aspect ratios as pixels are ALWAYS square. No matter what screen or camera you have it will always be 16:9

Reactions: richardhurst
You need to tap the little video camera icon on top and go into the video camera settings sub menu.

Have the Phantom, radio controller and Go app running when making any camera adjustments.
And check them after firmware or app updates, as they can often be rearranged, and need resetting.

RedHotPoker

That is not correct. there is not an aspect ratio setting in Video mode only Camera mode, have you actually checked yours yet??

No, in the video there's no option for choosing aspect ratio specifically. You choose aspect ratio by choosing resolution. Like I said 3840x2160 and 1920x1080 are ALWAYS 16:9 aspect ratios as pixels are ALWAYS square. No matter what screen or camera you have it will always be 16:9

Thank you for that. This has answered my question.

Do watch this short video for a great little Phantom 3 camera primer...
Go Through the menu on your app as he presents his preferences.

RedHotPoker

I get what you are referring to.
In my camera menu, under 4K my options are 4096x2160 24fps or 3840x2160 24fps, 30fps
Next is 2.7K at 2704x1520 24fps, 30fps
Followed by 1080P 1920x1080 24fps, 30fps, 48fps, 60fps
And last but never least, 720P 1280x720 24fps, 30fps, 48fps, 60fps.

RedHotPoker

If you wanted a different aspect e.g. 4:3 (you might, to match archive video or photos perhaps) you would need to add bars in post.
Since the camera is pretty wide, in panoramic style sequences I am rather fond of using letterbox bars which often cover little of interest and give a more cinematic feel.
21:9 seems a bit much, but you can make a custom setting.

It's fairly easy to add these in gopro studio for example.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie