Does the Naza V2 do anything on its own?

Reaction score
I am a new Phantom 2 owner. I have a ton of parts on the way (I got a little trigger happy with the "buy" button on many websites). I have 2 questions:

Question 1: Does the Naza V2 flight controller do anything for the Phantom 2 on its own (more stable, etc)?

Question 2: Are there any parts that I am missing to gain the ability to set waypoints (such as datalink)?

Relevant parts (most of it still on the way):

• DJI Phantom 2 :cool:

Video
    Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
    GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition

Flight Data/Control
    DJI CAN Hub
    DJI iOSD Mini
    DJI Nava-m V2 w/ GPS
    DJI BTU

FPV
    Boscam FPV 5.8G 500mW AV Wireless Transmitter TS352
    Boscam RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor

Thanks! (sorry if this is the wrong section but I couldn't find a section for flight controllers)

clocksmith said:
I am a new Phantom 2 owner. I have a ton of parts on the way (I got a little trigger happy with the "buy" button on many websites). I have 2 questions:

Question 1: Does the Naza V2 flight controller do anything for the Phantom 2 on its own (more stable, etc)?

Question 2: Are there any parts that I am missing to gain the ability to set waypoints (such as datalink)?

Relevant parts (most of it still on the way):

• DJI Phantom 2 :cool:

Video
    Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
    GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition

Flight Data/Control
    DJI CAN Hub
    DJI iOSD Mini
    DJI Nava-m V2 w/ GPS
    DJI BTU

FPV
    Boscam FPV 5.8G 500mW AV Wireless Transmitter TS352
    Boscam RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor

Thanks! (sorry if this is the wrong section but I couldn't find a section for flight controllers)

1.) http://www.dji.com/info/spotlight/whats ... 1naza-m-v2
You're welcome.

2.) Just download the app too.

Thanks. Great username.

I've read the chart before, and I read it again. I still am confused on what the Naza-m v2 actually does on its own. Unfortunately, I have Android phone+tablet and a macbook. The two opposite platforms of what DJI actually supports with their ground station. Is the Naza-m v2 useless without either an iPad or a PC?

clocksmith said:
Thanks. Great username.

I've read the chart before, and I read it again. I still am confused on what the Naza-m v2 actually does on its own. Unfortunately, I have Android phone+tablet and a macbook. The two opposite platforms of what DJI actually supports with their ground station. Is the Naza-m v2 useless without either an iPad or a PC?

The Naza-M V2 is a bit less locked down than the Phantom 2 NAZA, but they're essentially the same. The Naza-M was never useless without a PC, you could always connect though Parallels or Boot Camp. And DJI just released a native Mac Assistant yesterday so you'd be all set.

The biggest difference is that the V2 can be easily transferred to any other multi, without needing to take the P2 battery and mainboard with it. And it currently has BTU support. Most of the other differences are in software - gimbal channel support for tuning gains, etc.

The actual performance should be the same.

Is it worth switching from your P2 NAZA to a Naza-M V2? No way. Unless you're planning on a bunch of specialized electronics modding.

You can also drop the CAN Hub from your list, you have enough ports for that gear without it, and the BTU as well, since it won't interface directly with the P2 NAZA. To use the BTU you'll need a groundstation, and that comes with one anyway.

OI Photography said:
You can also drop the CAN Hub from your list, you have enough ports for that gear without it, and the BTU as well, since it won't interface directly with the P2 NAZA. To use the BTU you'll need a groundstation, and that comes with one anyway.

Good point. The final list should look something like:

DJI Phantom 2 :cool:

Video
-Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal
-GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition

Flight Data/Control
-DJI iOSD Mini
-DJI 2.4Ghz Datalink

FPV
-Boscam FPV 5.8G 500mW AV Wireless Transmitter TS352
-Boscam RX-LCD5802 5.8GHz LCD Diversity Receiver 7 Inch Monitor

ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:

Video
-Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal

Flight Data/Control
-DJI iOSD Mini
-DJI 2.4Ghz Datalink

FPV

Was it intentional to drop the Naza?

clocksmith said:
ElGuano said:
OI Photography said:

Video
-Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal

Flight Data/Control
-DJI iOSD Mini
-DJI 2.4Ghz Datalink

FPV

Was it intentional to drop the Naza?

Yep, this whole discussion is about how you don't need a $300 NAZA-M V2 if you already have a Phantom 2...is there a burning reason you're looking to replace the Phantom NAZA with a V2?

No reason, just thought it would be an "upgrade". I see now that it is not. Luckily, amazon will let me return it. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1