does the ipad mini work with dji go?

Reaction score
my son has an original ipad mini. I might borrow it to fly as my LG G3 screen is a bit small. I did find some conflicting reports as to if it runs ok or not.

so far I haven't tried it, but it has let me install dji go.

When I used to use the Mini it would overheat in the summer, start to pixelate and then the screen would go black. It can't handle the combination of the heat and the power draw of the Go app. I now use an iPad Air 2 with zero problems.

Reactions: cypher007
The iPad Mini 1 is too slow. You'll need at least an iPad Mini 2.

I use an iPad Mini 2 and it works well, but the screen isn't as bright as my iPhone 6+ so it's hard to see in bright sunlight. I don't know if newer mini models have a brighter screen.

I used the ipad mini 1 for a month and the screen would flicker every time and the video playback would be missing footage...I now have the mini2 and have no problems with it at all. I use a sunshade/hood when its really sunny out

The tablet holder can only extend to 6.75 inches. You could use the Lenovo Yoga 2, but you'd need some type of extender to hold it since it's 7.63 inches wide.

you can use the mini original to do everything except fly...once flying, it can't handle the information fast enough, and you will lag badly. I also suggest the mini 2.

Reactions: meissner58
I would recommend mini 3. And works flawlessly with the DJI go app. I went with the cellular&wifi, could have just gone with the wifi only but I like the convenience of getting my maps on site, and Cellular for follow me mode.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik