Does the Go App auto update?

SMD

Reaction score
Purchased my P3 Pro in November and was just reading about firmware versions. Checked mine and it says I have 2.5.0. I've never updated the App Firmware so I was wondering if it somehow does it automatically? Looking at the App release history there's no way I could have 2.5.0 as it was released after my purchase. Reading about too many restrictions with 2.5.0. Can you revert to a previous version like the aircraft firmware?

Firmware does not automatically install, but DJI GO app updates will if you have your device setup to auto update your apps. You can roll back the DJI GO app if you're using an Android device. Old APKs can be found here.

Firmware does not automatically install, but DJI GO app updates will if you have your device setup to auto update your apps. You can roll back the DJI GO app if you're using an Android device. Old APKs can be found here.
I'm on iOS (typically an iPad 4 Mini). Can I also roll back?

Only if your have back ups (i use Time Machine) and can locate the app file in the iTunes folder and put back the old one.

I turned off autoupdate a year back when another app updated and fxxked up things.

Purchased my P3 Pro in November and was just reading about firmware versions. Checked mine and it says I have 2.5.0. I've never updated the App Firmware so I was wondering if it somehow does it automatically? Looking at the App release history there's no way I could have 2.5.0 as it was released after my purchase. Reading about too many restrictions with 2.5.0. Can you revert to a previous version like the aircraft firmware?

The Go app and firmware are two different things. An app will only auto update if you have this turned on in the settings of your phone or tablet. Nothing to do with firmware or your Phantom.

Only if your have back ups (i use Time Machine) and can locate the app file in the iTunes folder and put back the old one.

I turned off autoupdate a year back when another app updated and fxxked up things.
This may be a dumb question, but I don't know the answer. I have itunes and I see all the apps that my kids, wife, and I have downloaded in the past. What I don't see is the DJI app unless I connect my iphone 6 to it and look at the apps on the phone. Why doesn't it show with the other apps? Reason I'm asking is that I'm going to buy an ipad mini 4 and want to continue on the 2.43 version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You never backed up your mini, no way to do a restore now

I have 2.4 on my iPhone so would it be possible to back it up to my iMac and then transfer that to my iPad 4 mini? Just got an iPhone and iPad so I'm not an expert.

Yes back up your iphone to itunes
Make sure dji app is there then plug mini and select the dji app and transfer back to mini, you cando just that app before you do that on mini settings disabled the auto updates if not as soon it gets your wifi will install the new one back

I always back up the old version before just in case i got to switch back hope i works for you

I heard geo fencing

I think what he meant was Geo fencing is incorporated in GO app from 2.5.0 onward. GO version 2.4.3 and older don't have Geo fencing.
That's it, people still debated on, only beta ver. i wont update yet

Are the iOS DJI GO version numbers for the iPhone, the Mini2, and the Air2 all identical, such that earlier version numbers on one device can be freely copied from one device hardware to another through iTunes on a PC? Are the DJI GO versions iOS version specific?

My DJI GO 2.4.3 version (which is iOS 9 compatible, according to the notes) on iOS 8.3 on my Air2 completely changed after updating the iOS to iOS 9.1, even though the DJI GO version number remained the same, and I confirmed that app updates are still turned off. It wiped out my previous maps cache, changed units to from Imperial to Metric, and turned video cache from Off to Recording. It also changed the units of measurement configuration setting again on my next flight back to Metric, even though I changed them to Imperial during my prior flight. Upon changing the units of measurement in midair on the most recent flight, a data point was also simultaneously created in the flight log in an adjacent state! The location field of all flight logs now also read as "Map Loading" instead of displaying the location city. Under iOS 8.3, the flight location cities were all properly displayed. Any ideas?

Are the iOS DJI GO version numbers for the iPhone, the Mini2, and the Air2 all identical
Yes, there is only one iOS DJI GO app.

It wiped out my previous maps cache, changed units to from Imperial to Metric, and turned video cache from Off to Recording
Some DJI GO settings are stored on your mobile device. It sounds like the iOS update wiped them out.

Yes, there is only one iOS DJI GO app.

Some DJI GO settings are stored on your mobile device. It sounds like the iOS update wiped them out.
Thank you. Are the other two issues (resetting back to metric a second time, and creating a data point thousands of miles away upon changing back to Imperial in midair) known bugs, or just unique anomalies that likely won't recur?

What about the Map Loading issue? Is that unique to 2.4.3 under iOS 9.1 or is that still a current bug?

Are the other two issues (resetting back to metric a second time, and creating a data point thousands of miles away upon changing back to Imperial in midair) known bugs, or just unique anomalies that likely won't recur?
Anything is possible when using outdated versions of DJI GO. I have not run into those issues in the latest version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.