Does the device matter?

Reaction score
Hi I just got a P3A and I had my first few flights this weekend. I started out using my iPhone 6s Plus and had no issues. I then switched to an iPad mini 1st generation (no cellular). I had very bad lag and choppiness on the live feed. The files on the sd card were percent but I'm not sure why the bad signal. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The iPad Mini 1 is too slow. It would be best to only use Apple devices on this list.

The 1st gen is not up to the task. Keep using your 6+. I have an iPad Mini 2 Retina and I will use my 6+ over it many times as it provides a great experience with the Phantom too. ;)

Took it out for another flight yesterday after some research I turned on the hardware decoding and the lag and choppiness stopped. I did notice though that the image seemed kinda hazy. I don't know if the lens needed to be cleaned or it's the settings. I'm gonna give it another try after cleaning the lens.
d9f7af3aa88756e2fe4e543e77355d19.jpg

Use camera cleaning products. Lenses typically have a coating on them so you do want to be careful. I friend recently turned me on to rifle scope cleaning pens that work well too.

NEVER use paper products on lenses like paper towels, tissues or TP... DON'T DO IT! Use a clean micro fiber instead.

I have no problem with my old Acer Tablet.....nor my Ipad mini 2nd gen......but no luck on my new Moto Play X phone? Werid.

That is odd, I have a Moto x Pure edition I have used with p3s, p3a, p3p. with no issues I have been using my NVidia shield recently so I will try the Moto x later to verify.
also have use the original motoX and 3rd gen Moto G

Is it just me or does it look hazy? I'm not sure what to expect but the videos I've seen the colors seem more vivid. I know it's not a 4K but I think it can do better. By the way it wasn't a hazy day at all.

Just a bit hazy at the top of the pic. But you were facing the sun/glare. Got any pics with the sun behind the bird and see if the haze is still there?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Maybe it's just too much green and tan. Not much contrast that's throwing me off.

Maybe it's just too much green and tan. Not much contrast that's throwing me off.

Looks like the 2nd pic has no sun glare or haze at all. I'd try a lens filter to cut down on the sun glare effect. I'll defer what kind or brand to those on this forum who know what to recommend to you. I am no photographer or videographer, so guys, what does he need?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I own a P3P using a iPhone 5s with litchi app... Finding that track mode doesn't work well due to my phone lower capacities i Will be to buy a 6 or 6s to fully enjoy litchi
In short device is very important for higher Skills of our stuff

Best are yours

Where is the hardware decoding? I have a iPad 10" lagging and choppy
It's in the "General Settings" section of DJI GO. If you truly have an original iPad (not an iPad Air or iPad Pro), then it's going to be too slow to run DJI GO.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20